OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Crystal pot calls

Started by 870BkWht, March 06, 2011, 04:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

870BkWht

Im in the market for a good pot call with a crystal striking surface.  I wanted some input from the board.  I have already been thinking about a few, but would like ideas for more.  What Ive come up with so far:

Southland calls Yellowheart Crystal

David Halloran Crystal Mistress

Woodhaven Cherry Classic Cryrstal

What other custom calls should I know about?

mossy835

Try Pappy's calls at: http://pappyscalls.com/shop/

Give him an email or call.

Mike

shootumindaface

All 3 are very good calls.. I would throw our Bronzed Glass in the mix as well

drum817

Quote from: shootumindaface on March 06, 2011, 05:30:34 PM

:agreed:  Bronze Glass sounds A LOT like crystal.  Also check out the SS Custom Calls Bronzed glass calls  :icon_thumright:
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

shad309

I will add Daybreak to the list

kiddrock

Check ours out at
www.downndirtyoutdoors.com.

TNBIRD

Daybreak or Halloran crystal mistress!   :agreed:

big j

Mistress is vicious!! I love that call!!

FLGobstopper

If you want a great call at a great price go for the Crystal Mistress. I have the Cherry Classic also but prefer the Mistress and I think you can usually pick them up for about $15-$20 cheaper. However, some of the calls I've seen on here are absolutely beautiful and I'm sure sound as good as they look. I bet that if you get a custom call from one of the great guys here they would do everything they can to make sure you get a top notch turkey caller.

letinmfly

I'll add Andy Kaiser to this list.  I have one from H.C.C. that sounds great!!
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

jbrown

All that are mentioned are good.....I like the mistress best

J Gilbert

Go with the Halloran, you won't be disappointed. I got my latest call from David last week, it's a hybrid between the Crystal Mistress and Sugartown Sweetness (crystal top, slate bottom and laminated pot) last week and it'll be the first call out of my vest opening morning

neal

Quote from: shootumindaface on March 06, 2011, 05:30:34 PM

+100
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

StruttinGobbler3

I'll throw in another name. Give Wendell a call at Lightsout. He makes a great pot call, all turkey.
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

ElkTurkMan

I've got a wood heaven Cherry classic that sounds great.  If you want to go the bronzed glass route check out straight creek calls.  I've got a bronzed glass over slate call from them and it will absolutely sing.