OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Benelli 12 Ga New Pics added

Started by cajunhunter, March 17, 2013, 09:15:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cajunhunter

Finally got my Benelli 12 Ga and got a few rounds thru it.  Attached please see some pics of the the targets.  I shot at 20 yds and 40 yds.  I shot HS #7s and Blend 3".  HS .667 Choke.  Using fiber optic sight that I might have to change.  Shooting high and to the right a touch.  Looking for advice from here.   I adjusted the point of aim on the #7s at 40yds to put the pattern in the middle.

cajunhunter

Here is the back of the adjusted #7s at 40 yds.

SKFOOTER

Which Benelli are you shooting and how long is the barrel??

cajunhunter

cajunhunter

This year, I have not been able to spend the necessary time patterning the shotgun as of yet.  I just got the shotgun and this was the first time that I shot it. 

cajunhunter

Quote from: cajunhunter on March 17, 2013, 09:19:28 AM
Here is the back of the adjusted #7s at 40 yds.

I think I counted about 196 in a 10" circle of this pattern so that may be OK. Just got to get that Point of aim down.  Do you guys think that this pattern is good enough to hunt?

cajunhunter

I got my point of impact pretty good now.  I shot a bit today and it was still very windy.  The 20 yard is a blow out on target.  The 40 yard patterns both seemed huntable.  On one of them if I adjusted the 10" circle down about 2" I think I counted about 225 hits.  I will post the pics a bit later.  This is with a benelli M2 21" with HS .667 choke shooting HS #7s.

cajunhunter

cajunhunter

Obviously if that 40yd pic was a few inches higher it would be better but I think the turkey would be dead anyway.

Borden811

It'll work the way it is now, but if that pattern is 4 or so inches higher, you'll murder any turkey in the world that you pull the trigger on, at 40yards and under.

cajunhunter

Yea, I ordered a rear sight to put on my rib to match my hi viz front.  I think that will take care of the elevation.  It was also very windy. Still working on it but at least I feel ok hunting with it the way it is now.