OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Good luck to those hunting the openers in FLA & ALA tomorrow!!

Started by RutnNStrutn, March 16, 2013, 12:10:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RutnNStrutn

Turkeywhacker and Black Magic, good luck guys!! And anyone else who is hunting tomorrow, best of luck to you!! Schwack a big un for Team Guns N' Hoses!! :fud: :OGani:

blackmagic

After a long battle with a stuck boat (that's a story in itself)....we finally made it into the swamp.  Turkeywhacker worked a bird for over an hour and I called one in to 60.  He was coming in hot and I already had my gun up waiting for him to get into range when he stopped and was staring off to my right.  Then he bolted back where he came from.  I finally saw the hunter that was creeping around and scared the bird.  :'(

That's the breaks!  Hopefully we'll be back out this sunday for some redemption.

TURKEYWHACKER

Yeah, I heard well over 50 gobbles from four different birds. Worked the final one till the 1:00pm end of shooting time came. Still heard em cranking when I made it out to the boat. Letting em rest till Sunday.

WildSpur

Cluck more, yelp less

Hayudog

Quote from: blackmagic on March 19, 2013, 12:32:11 PM
After a long battle with a stuck boat (that's a story in itself)....we finally made it into the swamp.  Turkeywhacker worked a bird for over an hour and I called one in to 60.  He was coming in hot and I already had my gun up waiting for him to get into range when he stopped and was staring off to my right.  Then he bolted back where he came from.  I finally saw the hunter that was creeping around and scared the bird.  :'(

That's the breaks!  Hopefully we'll be back out this sunday for some redemption.

Damn turkey chasers!  Hate to say that is public land hunting.  Stay after them- Looks like other teams are starting to get it done.

RutnNStrutn

I am in Carolina. Seen a few & heard some gobbles, but they are playing hard to get.

TURKEYWHACKER

RutnNStrutn

Struck out in Carolina. Worked birds 2 of the days I was up there. Weather wasn't good, and the birds were still in winter groups. Hard to call them off of multiple hens.
But I'm back in FLA, starting my only hunt down here tomorrow. Weather should be nice tomorrow, but its supposed to suck on Saturday & Sunday. Just my luck!! >:(