turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Fastfire III/ Super Vinci

Started by Bustabeak, March 13, 2013, 12:12:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bustabeak

So I got the fastfire III and I got just a basic mount. It's not a multi slot mount, so the fastfire hangs off the front. I shot it and it seems to be fine, however I wanted to get some opinions if this would be ok? I couldn't find the multi mount base at my local sporting goods store and I really don't want to drill and tap another hole in my gun. Any ideas if this is going to be ok to continue to us it this way?

the Ward

I would think it would probably be ok.I had the same thing with my trs 25 sight hanging over so i had my smith cut another slot in the base and i shortened the base to fit it exactly using only 2 of the mounting holes in reciever.Looks really clean now.Haven't had any problems yet,mount and sight are rock solid!....ward

Bustabeak

That's what I thought as well. I'm headed to shoot it a couple more times right now to make sure it's good.

BurrisOptics

You'll be fine with that setup.  Shouldn't be any problems.

2much2loud

Will not work send me your set up and I will get rid of it for you....seriously tho ... I have had the same situation with my sbe2 for the last 3 years an have never had an issue...

obro

Lets see a pic of the whole gun . Dipping my SBE2 in Bottomland may be after season project .

Bustabeak

Quote from: 2much2loud on March 18, 2013, 05:53:27 PM
Will not work send me your set up and I will get rid of it for you....seriously tho ... I have had the same situation with my sbe2 for the last 3 years an have never had an issue...

I would probably cry if I had to give that thing away. I've wanted a Benelli for so many years now. When I saw this bottomland pattern, I just couldn't hold back any longer. She had me from hello!

Quote from: obro on March 18, 2013, 06:40:45 PM
Lets see a pic of the whole gun . Dipping my SBE2 in Bottomland may be after season project .
Here are a few picture of the gun. I'm proud of it.  I actually saw a post on here the other day where someone had a muzzle loader dipped and it looked awesome!

\

the Ward

That thing is so sweet!Thanks for the pics, ward

obro

obro

Back to your question. I have seen guys make an additional slot in there Weaver base so their optic sat where they wanted it to . I think they used a flat file . Im not sure how precise it was but it worked fine and they didnt have any issues .

Bustabeak

Quote from: obro on March 19, 2013, 07:29:29 AM
Who dipped it for you ?

It came from benelli in bottomland. From what I hear they only made 500 but I'm not sure how true that is because Mack's prairie wings has them listed in the catalogue.

beagler

I put a picatinny rail on my SBE 2 when I mounted my Aimpoint 9000SC. I assune the super Vinci is tapped the same as the SBE 2?

Never Misses