OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

williams shotgun sights

Started by cluck, March 12, 2013, 05:17:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cluck

How far forward does the front site fit under ventalated 870 rem? Will it fit under the ventalated rib next to the bead? I have the old style and it sets back from front bead maybe two or three inchs. Not enough room under vent rib to fit next to bead. Thanks for any info.   cluck :help:

VaTuRkStOmPeR

On my 870 sm, I have the front sight mounted up against my bead with no issues at all. My barrel is 26", though.

CntrlPA

Are you guys talking about the "Universal Vent Rib Slugger" ?
( http://www.williamsgunsight.com/gunsights/image_s.htm )

If so, do you like them? How high do they sit above the rib, is a monte carlo stock needed? Thanks

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Yea, I've got the universal vent rib slugger on my 870 super mag.

I've shot a lot of rounds through mine while patterning and at turkeys. They're bright, rigid, and extremely durable.

I'd never own fiber ops from any other company after my experience with Williams.

CntrlPA

cluck

I did a poor job on my first post so I'll try again. The shotgun is a 12 gauge rem. express, 28 inch barrel. I have a set of old williams slugger vent rib sights I purchased in the 1990s for a 10 ga. Browning BPS. The problem is the plate that is supposed to slide under the vent rib on the rem. express must be set back from the bead sight on end of barrel 5 inchs. Not enough room under vent rib next to bead for the plate to fit under it. Would like to try the new williams slugger sight with fiber optic but want to know how thick the plate is on the new sights is. Any help would be must thankful.   cluck :help:

cluck

Did anyone remove any of the under side of their vent rib to get the plate under it? I bought a set made by Allen that just snap on the rib but I am think the first time a piece of brush drags across them I'll regreat ever buying them. When I'am about a two hour walk from my truck.  cluck

SCDieselDawg

I purchased two sets of the Slugger sights for my 870s a month or so ago. I put the front sight all the way up against the bead and didnt have to remove any material to mount them. Here's a pic of my 21" barreled 870 with them mounted.

SKFOOTER

The bottom mounting plates do not go completely under the bottom of the vent rib.  They mount on each side of the vent rib and run front to back.  This may be your problem.

cluck

To all who replied, many many many thanks. I will call them tommorow!!! You guys are a life saver! Hope you all kill the bigest turkey in your part of the woods!     cluck ;)