OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mossberg Super-Bantam 20 Gauge

Started by Longshot, March 12, 2013, 02:55:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Longshot

My son got an early 10th birthday present 4 weeks ago (his birthday was the 6th of this month). He has graduated away from the little single shot .410 and moved up to a Mossberg Super-Bantam 20 gauge. We have been waiting to get his turkey chokes in the mail and they both finally arrived last Tuesday. He got an unported lead/copper .572 Undertaker and a ported .584 Mossberg X-Factor. We got the scope dialed in and went to work with Remington Nitro 1 1/4 oz 3" #5's and Winchester Double X High Velocity 1 5/16 oz 3" #5's. The Undertaker threw tight core patterns with both loads, but there were large holes in the pattern outside of 10 inches. The X-Factor threw very nice even patterns with both loads. One of the Remington Nitro patterns he shot from 32 yards with the X-Factor.

Hunt with your children today and you won't have to hunt for them tomorrow.

BrowningGuy88

Bring that tom in to 30 for him and he will be good!!!

Longshot

The Winchester #5's threw a pattern that had 20 more strikes inside the 10 and about 40 more inside the 15 at this same distance. I just happened to count this one first and snapped a pic. He is hunting with the Winchesters Double X's.
Hunt with your children today and you won't have to hunt for them tomorrow.

surehuntsalot

those should work with no problems
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

dawei

Quote from: Longshot on March 12, 2013, 08:34:31 PM
The Winchester #5's threw a pattern that had 20 more strikes inside the 10 and about 40 more inside the 15 at this same distance. I just happened to count this one first and snapped a pic. He is hunting with the Winchesters Double X's.
Winchester® Supreme™ and Double X™ produce the best Pb patterns in all three of my 20ga guns. They make the best 20ga Pb turkey loads IMHO.

David

Only two defining forces ever died for you.
1. Jesus Christ.
2. The American Soldier, Sailor, Airman, and Marine.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

1Cross+3Nails=4Given