Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Scouting from the land owner

Started by gophert, March 11, 2013, 11:47:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gophert

I love when the land owners send me MRI (most recent info)

sent from Tim's Tweaked Evo LTE

Sand Man

This isn't helping my officeitish!   ;D

Let the little twenty EAT!!!!

FullChoke

Nice! One for Leah and the other for....Leah!

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

gophert

Quote from: FullChoke on March 12, 2013, 10:00:20 AM
Nice! One for Leah and the other for....Leah!

:TooFunny:   That is so right. This is actually my wife's parents land in East TN....so yes, granddaughter is way more loved than the son-n-law

FullChoke

Where is this in East TN? We used to live in Bristol.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

gophert

Quote from: FullChoke on March 12, 2013, 11:31:02 AM
Where is this in East TN? We used to live in Bristol.

About 1 hour outside of Maryville IN THE MOUNTAINS!  These birds are hard to hunt cause it seems they never want to come down in the fields come hunting season.  They stay up on the mountains and always seem to gobble just out of range.  This year we have seen the largest droves in years.  There are probably 8 long beards and another 8 jakes in the area.  I'm thinking this may be the year because they are using the fields a lot more regularly now. 

FullChoke

When I hunted the Cherokee NF up there, I would hunt off of the Appalachian Trail, which ran along the crest of the ridges. The birds would roost below us and make their way up the mountains during the day. That was some strenuous hunting to say the least.