turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

FF III resight after removing barrel for cleaning

Started by btmonnat, March 11, 2013, 01:11:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

btmonnat

Have any of you guys that have a Burris Fast Fire sight found that you have to resight your gun if you remove the barrel for cleaning?

Crockrj

I hope not. I have to break my gun down to fit in my hard case when traveling. I haven't shot it since I sighted it in. In my opinion, I wouldn't think you would have to because the barrel is seated back in the original spot (tolerance level?). Any experienced feed back would be great. Thanks.

turkey_slayer

You need to make sure the end cap is tightened back the same or it can throw the poi off

Wingbone

Ditto on the cap. It might even help to mark the cap and barrel ring to line up after reassembly. I've had this issue before when traveling and cleaning the gun after hunting in the rain. Though it may be very very close, your poa/poi will drift sometimes when barrel is removed then reattached, unless of course your sights are mounted to the barrel or cantilever.
In Hoc Signo Vinces

Skeeterbait

Get you a bore snake and don't remove the barrel during the season.

BandedSpur

Quote from: Skeeterbait on March 23, 2013, 12:43:42 AM
Get you a bore snake and don't remove the barrel during the season.

This. Once I sight in for the season, I don't remove the barrel from my 1187. I use a bore snake and also use a cleaning rod from the muzzle with a dummy round installed (Fired 12 ga shell with a fired 20 ga shell pushed into the end) if need be. The dummy shell keeps you from getting solvent and junk into the chamber.