Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Heads up Team Members from MS!

Started by Eric Gregg, March 09, 2013, 09:18:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric Gregg

I was checking Facebook and a friend from South MS has a step son who took his first gobbler this morning.
So, you know what that means......they are ready down south of Jackson.

Those north of Jackson it may be a couple of weeks before they fire up but it should be a really good season.

I will keep you all posted from what I hear north of Jackson....

gophert

Heard one gobble on the roost this weekend.  You know they are starting to get fired up further south.  We are still seeing flocks that are still separated however.  Good luck!

FullChoke

I took my grandson out yesterday for his first turkey hunt. We went back to an area that held 3 gobbling birds last year. We did not hear anything. We saw some sign, but like I told him, they are here, but I really need to have one gobbling to be able to work him. Talked to others out at the WMA who heard birds that gobbled some on the roost, but shut up before they could get to them. The woods, in general, are still in winter mode. Last year this time we had dogwoods already blooming a week by the opening of the season and the birds were also ahead of their usual schedule. I expect that the prime time to be in the woods in this area of the state this year will be around the first of April.

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Eric Gregg

Yeah Norm that is what I am thinking too. I will be out there giving it my all but I believe April is going to be prime time.

surehuntsalot

2 days and a wake up and we are going to find out what they are doing down here :icon_thumright:
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Sand Man

Not sure I'll make it Friday, but I plan on giving them a shot on Saturday.  Hope these warms temps at least allow me to hear one sounding off. 

Let the little twenty EAT!!!!