Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Friday Devotional 03/08/13 "Do You Know Them?"

Started by BOFF, March 08, 2013, 07:22:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOFF

As I was talking to someone yesterday on the side of the road, the gentleman made some comments about a fellow we both "knew". He knew the fellow better than I thought, and his response was:

"You don't really know anything about anyone, unless you speak, and talk to them. People talked gossip about him the whole time, but none of it was true."

So often, our first impressions are wrong, and until we talk to people, and actually get involved with people in a personal way, our "judgements" are wrong. We are warned in Matthew about this:

Matthew 7:1-5 (NIV)

7 "Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

3 "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

In thinking about yesterday, and reading the above verses, we come to realize,  the way we interact with people is important. How are we, as Christians, going to know anything about someone, without loving them unconditionally, to where the "real" person is comfortable to show his or her self, without barriers?

Further more, how are we  to interact with other people, in a loving way, removing the "shields" over/in our eyes, without daily interaction with our Lord and Saviour?

Have you interacted with Jesus, to receive the ability to love, and see other people for who God made them to be?

In other words, it is not:  Do you know them, but do you know Him?

Heavenly Father,

Thank you for your Word, in which we may read at whatever time we choose to do. Thank You for Your Holy Spirit, which will lead, guide, and direct our paths, when we choose to allow the Holy Spirit to do so.

Thank You for Your love, grace, and mercy to enter our lives, when we seek Your Blessings. Help us to manage our lives, so we may love others unconditionally, for who you made them to be.

Let not our own judgements, hinder Your works, and may our lives, be a glory and honor to You in all we do. For it is in Jesus sweet and precious name we ask and pray these things, Amen!

God Bless,
David B.

misfire

Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

Roostem33

Great reminder David, thanks!!!!

Have a great weekend,
Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

Duke0002

runngun

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.