News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Beretta Urika / Pure Gold .670/ 5's

Started by Longshanks, March 07, 2013, 09:07:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Longshanks

Beretta Urika/ Pure Gold .670

I have winchester 3/2/5's , 3/1 7/8's/ 5's, and 3/ 1 3/4/ 5's. This combo I have not tryed Pb 5's.

Anyone out there had any luck with this combo and Pb 5's.?

Tuff economy..have a few boxes of 5's. gonna shoot em..

BrowningGuy88

Good luck!

I hope that HV load shoots for you. It is a turkey smasher!

:fud: :newmascot:

reflexl

I don't have you gun and choke but out of my BPS with  IC .665 I just got 155 from the W-W 1 3/4 #5 load. I would be surprised if it didn't shoot well in yours. reflexl

Longshanks

Quote from: reflexl on March 07, 2013, 10:42:19 AM
I don't have you gun and choke but out of my BPS with  IC .665 I just got 155 from the W-W 1 3/4 #5 load. I would be surprised if it didn't shoot well in yours. reflexl

Awesome numbers with 5's. No need for HTL there. That outta be business on the turkeys. Best I've heard of..killer set up.

*amazing thing is that shell only has 296 pellets.

Longshanks

Nothing working with the 5's @ 40 yds. Selling my kicks .670 and pure gold .670 at my gunsmiths and going with the wrights #3 .650 choke that Clark suggested. Struggling with 5's out of the Berettas. Havent seen 100+ @ 40 in any of my Berettas trying multiple chokes.  I guess it's a rare combo that turns 120-130 with 5's.

3" 870 Shell Shucker

It appears that having the right choke is critical with #5's in most guns.

Heck, it makes a difference with #6's too.

I have a 3" INV+ BPS that can shoot 130 with 3" Win Sup HV #5's, using an Indian Creek .665 choke.  It might do 100 with a Star Dot choke.

Longshanks

I agree, I'm just surprised with all the gun/ choke combos I have tried over the years I have never hit one that would turn 100+ patterns with 5's. I have run across numerous combos that would turn good numbers with 6's. 5's have been finicky business for me.