News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Question for 835 owners or previous owners

Started by MT2, March 06, 2013, 08:44:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: davisd9 on March 08, 2013, 10:40:37 AM
The right side of that one has more shot than the left.  A few small holes on the left as well.  You have higher numbers but that is not very important to me over 150 hits using Hevi. How even the pattern is what I am looking for. Not bad though.

Ok thanks for your micro analysis. 

Good luck on your 150 hits.  I'll take the added insurance anyday with 300 or more. 

davisd9

I hunt with hevi shot for extra insurance.  I killed birds with lead 5s and 4s before Hevi was around.  Your welcome for the analysis as well.  Nothing wrong with hunting with your pattern just not what I look for or need.  If I was looking to break 300 and hunt with that pattern then mightyjoe's pattern is what I would want.  Am going to shoot my 835 with my star dot and Hevi 7s for giggles this weekend.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

BrowningGuy88

Dude - you are taking this way too serious...

mightyjoeyoung

@ DAMAN-LMAO!  ILIKEHEVI and I see things alike.  I think we would get along just fine in the turkey woods...birds wouldn't like it too much I'm guessing though.  The SSX and the Star Dot are phenominal, POVEN chokes with HTL shot.  Having seen his patterns up here for quite a while I would not hesitate to take his advice either!  I myself have a .670 SSX and a .676 Star Dot for my my 835's and wouldn't hesitate one second to screw any of the three chokes mentioned in this thread into my gun and go hunting. 
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

BrowningGuy88

Quote from: mightyjoeyoung on March 08, 2013, 03:56:23 PM
@ DAMAN-LMAO!  ILIKEHEVI and I see things alike.  I think we would get along just fine in the turkey woods...birds wouldn't like it too much I'm guessing though.  The SSX and the Star Dot are phenominal, POVEN chokes with HTL shot.  Having seen his patterns up here for quite a while I would not hesitate to take his advice either!  I myself have a .670 SSX and a .676 Star Dot for my my 835's and wouldn't hesitate one second to screw any of the three chokes mentioned in this thread into my gun and go hunting.

Oh I love those big number patterns!

I would gladly take either one of your 835's to the woods. I would also just as happily tote Davis9's though.