turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Burris FF protector

Started by GOOSESLAYER, March 05, 2013, 09:21:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOOSESLAYER

Being told there out of stock?? 3/4 weeks till more come in?? Anyone else hear this from them?

mudhen

Ordered from Amazon 2-25-13, item was listed as in stock.

Optics Planet e-mailed me on 2-28-13, saying that the item was out of stock, and blamed Amazon for being too small to handle their 100,000 products, and saying the item might ship in 5-10 business days.

No further e-mails from Optics Planet and/or Amazon since then.

I've never been that impressed with Optics Planet, and I remain unimpressed.....

I would imagine the protector has a problem, and they will not arrive until well after turkey season, but I hope I'm incorrect...

mudhen

"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

Bob Giese

Mine has been on BO from Optics Planet since 1/25/13, I called last week CS said last of March...but they did charge my card 1/25/13 ???

chatterbox

Quote from: PlottmanPops on March 06, 2013, 07:39:29 PM
Mine has been on BO from Optics Planet since 1/25/13, I called last week CS said last of March...but they did charge my card 1/25/13 ???
Nice of them.

mudhen

OP e-mailed me tonight saying they should have it by March 8th, and will ship out after that.

If true, not that bad...

mudhen

Bob Giese

Mudhen, please let us know if you get yours....

BurrisOptics

There's no problem with the protector.  We just ran out of them.  Turkey season does that to us every year even when we over forecast.

Bob Giese

"There's no problem with the protector.  We just ran out of them.  Turkey season does that to us every year even when we over forecast."

I should have known better than order from Optics Planet on 1/25/13...by the time I found out it was on backorder there wasn't even any listed on flea bay and everyone else was out too...one thing about it I've ordered twice from Optics Planet...FIRST and LAST   :angry9:

Byhalia

Ordered my speed bead (SBE II) from Optics Planet......it was here in a week and a half !!    great service here    :happy0064:
~ Listen to the Wind ~    http://customprocalls.com/

mudhen

Quote from: mudhen on March 07, 2013, 03:08:18 AM
OP e-mailed me tonight saying they should have it by March 8th, and will ship out after that.

If true, not that bad...

mudhen

OP e-mailed me today saying the earliest they could ship now is March 20th....so I might get before April....

I would not care so much except that it was in stock on Amazon when I ordered....

mudhen

Longspur321

Man that's annoying. I've checked that item's availability twice a day for the last 3 weeks. Guess I'll have to mount my FF3 without one.
"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."--John Wayne

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."--Steve McQueen

mudhen

E-mail from Amazon today saying the order would be cancelled by the 28th if OP doesn't ship by then....

mudhen

Bob Giese

Kinda looks like we're outa luck for this go-round...wonder if electrical tape would hold it to the rail :fud: :lol:

BurrisOptics

Quote from: PlottmanPops on March 24, 2013, 10:47:18 AM
Kinda looks like we're outa luck for this go-round...wonder if electrical tape would hold it to the rail :fud: :lol:

Do you guys have the standard picatinny mount to get you by for now?

mudhen

Do you guys have the standard picatinny mount to get you by for now?
[/quote]

I'm good to go for now.  Would have liked the protector, as my FFII protector got all dinged up in Nebraska & Kansas, but I'll just have to be more careful with the FFIII for a bit.

The FFIII is a great sight, I'm hoping it gets some good use this spring  :)

mudhen