OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

FF III problems

Started by shuey270, March 04, 2013, 07:42:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shuey270

I just got 2 FF III's today one is the 3moa and the other is an 8 moa both with the pic mount. I mounted mine, the 3 moa on my 870 with a B-squrae mount. turned it on and the dot is smeared and flower like,kinda blurry. I asked my son to look through and he said the same thing. I opened my dad's 8 moa and it looks the same way! Could both be bad? Not sure what to do.

chatterbox

Quote from: shuey270 on March 04, 2013, 07:42:38 PM
I just got 2 FF III's today one is the 3moa and the other is an 8 moa both with the pic mount. I mounted mine, the 3 moa on my 870 with a B-squrae mount. turned it on and the dot is smeared and flower like,kinda blurry. I asked my son to look through and he said the same thing. I opened my dad's 8 moa and it looks the same way! Could both be bad? Not sure what to do.
Did you have the sight turned up to it's highest setting? When the FFIII's are cranked up inside, there is a serious starburst with them. Try the lowest setting, and see how that works.

shuey270

Don"t matter what setting either one is on, it looks bad!

chatterbox

Quote from: shuey270 on March 04, 2013, 08:02:46 PM
Don"t matter what setting either one is on, it looks bad!
Email Burris. They will fix it for you. No better customer service out there.
PM BurrisOptics on here. Mart is awsome. He will tell you what you need to do.

shuey270

I think I sent him a pm but never sent one before. I E-mailed burris tonight. Turkey season is coming fast!

chatterbox

Quote from: shuey270 on March 04, 2013, 08:22:34 PM
I think I sent him a pm but never sent one before. I E-mailed burris tonight. Turkey season is coming fast!
They are awsome. They will make it right!

WildSpur

Did you do this indoors?  I ask because for some reason red dots can do this indoors.  Try it outside and see how it is.

Cluck more, yelp less

BigEz

I agree with Wildspur mine had the starburst inside as well no matter what setting, went outside the next morning and it looked like a perfect dot.  Try it outside and if its still no good Burris will take care of you. 

whiskey

Both of mine starburst indoors. I have an astigmatism and sometimes in low light, with the brightness up I get the starburst outdoors. This happens with me on more red dots than the Burris, so I am sure there is not a problem with the Burris.

mudhen

Yep, any chance you are wearing glass or reading glasses indoors?

With my readers, the dot looks like a little blasting sun, without them, the dots, any level, are perfect.

Good luck!

mudhen
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

shuey270

I do wear glasses and allways will have to. I only looked through it indoors as it was dark out when I installed it. I"ll look at it later today outside. Thanks....Shuey

spaightlabs

Take a picture and post it up.

shuey270

Couldn"t wait to get home from work to look at the FF"s dot outside.  WOW what a difference! They look like turkey slayers now. I would like to thank everyone for your help!!.....Shuey

chatterbox

Quote from: shuey270 on March 05, 2013, 04:08:15 PM
Couldn"t wait to get home from work to look at the FF"s dot outside.  WOW what a difference! They look like turkey slayers now. I would like to thank everyone for your help!!.....Shuey
:icon_thumright:

BrowningGuy88

Quote from: shuey270 on March 05, 2013, 04:08:15 PM

Yeah a bud of mine looked through mine the other day and was talking about how bad it was - then I got him to step out side...

They are great field sites!