OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

goin scoutin tomarrow

Started by gob09, March 05, 2011, 07:42:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gob09

rick has graciuosly got us about 1500 acres to hunt we're goin to scout it tomarrow wish us luck we are goin to set up a blind in a nice field the birds should be going too but who knows there may not be a thing there

harvester

1500 acres, Good Luck. Should be plenty of birds there.  :z-guntootsmiley:

unclerick

yeah if there ain't birds on this place there ain't one in a the state of Tennessee this is one heck of a place, there is alot of timber and ag land with corn and beans.
Before all else fails,talk to Jesus

harvester

Quote from: unclerick on March 05, 2011, 07:54:33 PM
yeah if there ain't birds on this place there ain't one in a the state of Tennessee this is one heck of a place, there is alot of timber and ag land with corn and beans.

Are you two the only ones hunting it? If so, that is SWEEEETTT.  :icon_thumright:

gob09

i believe so dustin he told rick noone has ever even aked to hunt turkey there
it is truley a blessing shawn all we gotta do is find the birds

harvester

Quote from: gob09 on March 05, 2011, 08:05:53 PM
i believe so dustin he told rick noone has ever even aked to hunt turkey there
it is truley a blessing shawn all we gotta do is find the birds

Thats great, you plan on being in there at daybreak to see if anything gobbles on their own. Good Luck.

gob09

i dont know if they will or not with the weather we have had suposed to cool off tonight

ElkTurkMan

Nothing like looking at new ground.  I hope it has a ton of birds on it for y'all!.  Whether permitting I am going to run down to my lease tomorrow.  They burned portions of it this week, and I am curious to see waht they did.  I also want to put a camera out.

harvester

Did all the birds wash away with all the rain we have had?  :TooFunny: How did it go at the new ground?
:gobble: :gobble:
:fud: :newmascot:

gob09

had'nt seen anything yet the place we were goinna go is knee deep in water so we went to the top and walked around some did'nt see anything

mfd1027

Boy, it sounds like a beautiful place.  You know the birds are there.   Hopefully it dry out in the next few wks.   

Shane.   Did you go???
Dan

unclerick

Well we were in there before sun up but the weather was still pretty bad and with all the rain we had last night it washed away any sign that may have been there, we did see a few places that looked like scratching and found some awesome places that may make good strut zones, but we'll see, yester day we did take pictures of some ducks in s small field on this property.
Before all else fails,talk to Jesus

ElkTurkMan

Quote from: mfd1027 on March 06, 2011, 05:44:13 PM
Boy, it sounds like a beautiful place.  You know the birds are there.   Hopefully it dry out in the next few wks.   

Shane.   Did you go???
I didn't go today.  I was pouring when I woke up, and I ended up jusst doing arrons, and stuff around the house.  I may slip down there Tuesday after work.  Up until about two hours ago, it was a miserable raw day today.