OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Its getting close and I'm getting excited!!

Started by RutnNStrutn, March 03, 2013, 10:09:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RutnNStrutn

Saw 3 different groups of turkeys this morning on the way home from work. Strutters were in all 3 of them!! I pulled over and shut my truck down near the 1st group and start yelping on my diaphragm. The big boy loved it and gobbled his butt off!! I was standing beside my truck enjoying his gobbles floating through the cool, brisk air!! :gobble: :gobble: :gobble:
I'll be in the woods in 2 weeks!!! :funnyturkey: :fud: :OGani:

Hayudog

They are showing up here in Cali too.  Stopped the truck yesterday and took a pic with my cell-  Single old tom, limping- No beard and 1 1/2" spurs- ten yards from the truck!

Junior hunts start the weekend before general season - March 23 and 24.  General season on the 30th.

TWOWITHONE

Cool pics what kind of shifts u work down there in Fla.We got a way to for our season to open. :firefighter:

TURKEYWHACKER

I hear ya Rut. I slipped in the woods this morning and and heard both hens and gobblers. Can't wait for March 16th  :fud:

RutnNStrutn

2 with 1, we work 24-48. I had just got off of a 48 this AM.
Turkeywhacker, I'm pumped brother!! :you_rock:

WildSpur

Sweet! 

Is that green I see!?!?!   We still have til mid April before we start really seeing that! 

Good luck!

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Cluck more, yelp less

TWOWITHONE

That last pic of that gobbler fanned out looks like a monster hes huge. :firefighter:

RutnNStrutn

Wildspur, I live in Florida. Its green here year round. :lol:
2with1, he's a goodun!! If you check the other pics of him, his beard is dragging the ground! But he is safe. He is on an unhunted ranch. That's why I can call to him without having to worry about screwing up my hunting.

WildSpur

I hear you!  Just interesting how different it is in other places.  Back in 08 we had a little snow at sunrise one morning.  Some places here it does not get real green until the 2nd week of May. 

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Cluck more, yelp less

TURKEYWHACKER

Saturdays gonna be here before ya know it Rut. I'm ready for the woods. :fud:

TWOWITHONE

Gobblers got their fans out courting the hens here in Pgh and we got away to go for opener. :firefighter:

RutnNStrutn

Good luck Turkeywhacker!! :icon_thumright: I'll be getting my head shaved for St. Baldricks on Saturday, then headed to SC to hunt for a week! The next weekend I have a hunt here in FLA. Keep me posted if you get one brother!!
2with1, they've been strutting down here since January, so I feel your pain!!