turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

870 shooting high with IC

Started by I-55Bandit, February 26, 2013, 09:20:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I-55Bandit

Just put an Indian Creek on my 870. It is shooting about 6 inches high at 30 yards. What option do I have besides a red dot?

BrowningGuy88

Put a Beartooth comb raising kit on or rifle sights.

The Truglo or Williams fiber optic sights are the best options.

I-55Bandit

Any recommendations on a sight that can go directly on my vent ribbed barrel?

Gooserbat

I use a Tru Glo pro series mag. gobble dot.  I only wish there was a ghost ring aperture available.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

ILIKEHEVI-13

6" isn't really gonna matter much.  But try taking a finer bead to where you only see like a half or 1/4 of your front bead down your receiver. 

snoodlum

I like a turkey gun to shoot a little high. That way you can aim where neck meets body and be perfect. Raising comb will only make it shoot higher

nickhrp

I got the tru glo sight and it came with a ghost ring and other sight it was about 40 bucks at bass pro but be careful and not over torque the clamp screws on the vent rib it has hight and windage adjustment
God Bless the Outdoors

BHMTitan

Quote from: Gooserbat on February 26, 2013, 10:51:43 AM
I use a Tru Glo pro series mag. gobble dot.  I only wish there was a ghost ring aperture available.
Me too!  I emailed them last year asking if one was available for it.  They said NO, but would pass it on to their development team.

Gooserbat

Quote from: BHMTitan on February 27, 2013, 11:05:45 AM
Me too!  I emailed them last year asking if one was available for it.  They said NO, but would pass it on to their development team.

Well I sent them the same question/request this week, so maybe.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

3" 870 Shell Shucker

My BPS shoots about 6" high with all chokes.  My 870 is almost dead-on.

redleg06

I use a Tru Glo pro series mag. gobble dot.

This is what I have on my 1187 and LOVE it.... easy to use and seems pretty sturdy. Ive had it for 3 seasons now and would buy another one in a heart beat.