OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Lead 6 pattern federal turkey thug #6

Started by scdxt, February 24, 2013, 07:05:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scdxt

Well I got my rainy day hunting stoeger m2000 out the other day. Running a kicks .665 24" barrel at a lasered 40. I shot several different lead 3" loads. Best of the day was federal strut shok turkey thug 3" 17/8 #6 from Walmart. Got 131,124,118 in three shots. What y'all think. Always hunted with 5's.

jakesdad

Sounds really good to me!Wouldnt be scared to pack that combo everyday!

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

the Ward

Can't beat that for $10 a box!I picked up a box of #5 and a box of #6 the other day haven't got to shoot them yet.Going to see how they do out of the vinci 28" tube with the kicks .665.Do you know if the stoeger has the smaller i.d. barrel like the benelli's?Hope to get out this coming weekend,i will post up my results,....ward

scdxt

Not sure on the bore of my stoeger but my Benelli is. I shoot .655 in it with great results.

mcgruff1533

I'll check my local Wally World and see if I can find a box of those Turkey Thugs to try out.

I'm still looking for a lead load that will perform out to 40 yards.   

surehuntsalot

Quote from: mcgruff1533 on February 26, 2013, 02:10:40 PM
I'll check my local Wally World and see if I can find a box of those Turkey Thugs to try out.

I'm still looking for a lead load that will perform out to 40 yards.   

what all have you tried?
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

3" 870 Shell Shucker

trkehunr93

Great pattern!  I think the reason they shoot well is that the Strut Shock does not have the flight control wad, I may be wrong but pretty sure it doesn't.  May have to pick up a box myself!

scdxt

Quote from: trkehunr93 on February 28, 2013, 08:38:57 AM
Great pattern!  I think the reason they shoot well is that the Strut Shock does not have the flight control wad, I may be wrong but pretty sure it doesn't.  May have to pick up a box myself!
your right they don't have fcw. They seem to shoot good in all my guns. My Benelli m2 with .655 kicks is tighter than the pattern I posted.

3" 870 Shell Shucker

I normally prefer #5's in Lead, but I decided that I wanted to try #6's in the Turkey Thugs.  3 Boxes of the 3" #6's disappeared from my local Wal-Mart today. :TooFunny:

appalachianstruttstopper

Can't go wrong with that combo unless you miss'em @ 15yds cause the pattern is to tight.  :lol:

VooDooMagic

Tried the 3" #5 Thugs out of my Vinci with a .660 Jellyhead at 35 paces today and got 122 pellets in a 8.5" X 11" piece of paper, not so bad really...

Matt81302

I am very happy with the Turkey Thugs. I have shot #5 and #6 in 3 1/2in out of my 835 with Jellyhead choke. #5 I am averaging 115ish and the #6 150ish in 10in. circle at 40yds. I may have to buy another box or two before season.