OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Got another one done

Started by Old Gobbler, February 24, 2013, 04:52:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Gobbler

Got another one done , ( Ebony ) and this will be one of the very last I will make for a little while because my hunting season starts in just a few days (March 2nd)- and I have not had a vacation from working my real job in 9 months  :-\ ,not quite worked to the bone but I have been working till 8pm every night , and I havent had time to do anything -- so I am going turkey hunting and that's that ! end of story !! , I will feel better when I can hear the gobblers sound off in the South Florida swamps again

As usual , this call has it where it counts - and will talk the birds out of the trees all spring long --

Thanks for looking --  Shannon

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

M,Yingling

Sweet Caller ,,,, Good luck hunting  :icon_thumright:
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

nx95240

very nice.i need to get one of them for sure

shark

pappy

I been waiting by the mailbox for a week...when is it gonna get here?
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

Old Gobbler

Quote from: skos29 on February 24, 2013, 07:51:50 PM
Sweet push/pull. How much does one them cost?
About the push pins- I have a few videos ( in the soundfiles area or my profile )of them so you can hear them -When I have turkey hunters that want calls ,I take their names in order they have requested a call - I also require they send me their contact info and when I get time and work my way down the list . Then I call them up and discus details -I make it a point to run the call to the turkey hunter BEFORE they pick or get a call , that way they get the right one they want

I make several types , plus a few more types in the works  :-X -- They are are complicated to make and tune - on average , I have 1 whole day of time , plus materials to make (1) push pin - (various kinds ) with out a lid like this one below are all $100 -

If they have a lid ,because of extra time a materials they are $125 - $140

With a Lid - All Gabon Ebony/w sapwood   ( my personal call , and the last thing a few turkeys heard last spring)

More calls ......Black and white Ebony -$140 - Black (gabon) Ebony- $140 - Cocobolo w/o lid $100

-Shannon

Old Gobbler

Quote from: pappy on February 24, 2013, 07:59:46 PM
I been waiting by the mailbox for a week...when is it gonna get here?
Keep waiting  :fire:

-Shannon

merocustomcalls

Gold Spur

That's the Cadillac of push/pins right there!  :icon_thumright:
Woo Pig Sooie!!!

WyoHunter

Those are some sweet push/pins!
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

drenalinld

Somebody is getting a sweet one there. BTW, that B and W Ebony is a looker!

krm

Kelvin Morrison

Old Gobbler

Thanks for the kind words - Shannon

-Shannon

Gold Spur

Shannon, my push/pin came in yesterday and I can't get over how sweet it sounds. The yelps and purrs are all turkey. The ebony wood used to make the call is absolutely beautiful. Can't hardly wait to call up a big ole Tom with it.
Woo Pig Sooie!!!

Old Gobbler

Quote from: Gold Spur on February 26, 2013, 07:56:08 PM
Shannon, my push/pin came in yesterday and I can't get over how sweet it sounds. The yelps and purrs are all turkey. The ebony wood used to make the call is absolutely beautiful. Can't hardly wait to call up a big ole Tom with it.
Hey ! I hope you get some nice ones with it !!!  and thank you for the kind words also --Shannon

-Shannon