OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Which 870?

Started by WildSpur, February 23, 2013, 07:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WildSpur

Well looking to get a SuperMag.  Can't decide on which one.  Narrowed it down to the Shurshot turkey/predator with the 20" barrel and the Shurshot with the 23" barrel and rifle sights.  Of what quality are the fiber optic sights on the 23" barreled gun for those who have it?  I am on the fence if I will use a red dot on this one.  If so, I will probably use a different one than what comes on the  20"er.   Any insight is appreciated.  Unfortunately nobody around here has either in stock.  Thanks.
Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Cluck more, yelp less

Onpoint

I would go with the 23" barrel just because in my experience the longer the barrel the better the pattern. I personally like a 26 or even a 28" barrel. Hope this helps ya out. By the way you'll love the shurshot stock. I just put one on my 25" 870.

captin_hook

I have the supermag with the sureshot stock and fiber optic sights. The sights are great. Fully adjustable for elevation and windage.

nyhunter

I have both barrel lengths and the shorter one patterns better, but this is an exception from what i have seen. As far as handling and maneuverability in the woods my son and I have carried 1 each on several hunts and switched guns to see the difference. we both agree we can't tell and difference. The fiber optic sites are good but I have Nikon red dots on both guns. My guns really shoot well with the jellyhead .660 and H-13 # 6's.