Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Hate this time of year

Started by jarbo03, February 22, 2013, 09:06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarbo03

February is always the worst. Bird season has closed, the weather sucks, the dog and I are going through withdrawals. Good storm came through yesterday, some much needed moisture, but would rather had rain.  Went to the park for a while with Taz, so ready for spring and chasing gobblers. 

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

timberjack86

Yep this time of year is the longest. After deer season its only 3 months till turkey season. But its the longest 3 months of the year!

bornagain64

Taz looks like he is enjoying that weather.

jarbo03

Quote from: bornagain64 on February 26, 2013, 07:20:13 PM
Taz looks like he is enjoying that weather.
He has learned to like it, git anither 8-10" on Tuesday. Threw his dummy and he loved to jump high and pounce on it in the snow. Few trees came down in the process.  While lookibg for geese this evening  I did see a big flock of canada geese land with a group of prob 30 turkeys, was pretty cool.

jarbo03

Found a few snow geese to help pass the time before turkey season opens.

bornagain64

looks cold, BUT looks like fun.
Ur dog really likes to hunt.

neverstopchasin

i love duck and goose hunters here in tn bc the time the rut hits they are in the duck blinds and not in the woods. they say its fun and i sure it is but i just cant give up my deer huntin.

backwater

Great photos.  I have been duck hunting for over thirty years but have never had the chance to chase geese.  Looks like fun!

nogoodreezen

I wish I had something to chase right now. I am bored out of my mind waiting on spring.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

jarbo03

Weekend was good, the dog and I were getting stir crazy, a little goose hunting helped.

I am the opposite, I was drawn fof a KS mule deer tag this year. Went on a 5 day trip chasing deer, at the most, spent 2 hours deer hunting total. I tried, but couldn't quit chasing pheasant, prairie chickens, ducks or geese, another tag gone to waste.