turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Birds gobbling in nw LA

Started by turkey slayer, March 05, 2011, 08:36:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkey slayer

Went and listened this morning in the rain, and they gobbled a few times but the weather shut them up pretty quick. However it was nice to finally hear some!!

Muskie03

Sweet, I can only imagine what that feels like on the ears. To cold up here still for a while.

Muskie03 Taught Me A Lesson In 2011

If it eats I can catch it, if it bleeds I can kill it.

TANK

Went this morning to listen. Hot and Humid...........did see a few though, but no gobbles.

Reloader

I haven't heard anything until today and I know they are in some of the areas I've been listening.  I heard a jake yelping and trying to gobble this morn, but no older birds yet.

Talked to alot of guys last night that havent been hearing anything.  One of my buds heard 3 this morn, in NE LA, so they must be getting ready. 

This could be a good thing.  The last few years they've started early and were usually wrapped up in hens when the season started.  If they are still in bachelor groups right now, it could be golden in the early season.

Good Luck

Reloader

mossyoak

Heard gobbling on the roost and on the ground this morning. Seen two long beards, one strutting, and couple of jakes. All with hens. It was cold and cloudy but they were doing their thing.

handcannon

Cool. By the time I get back to La they will probably have shut up by then.

turkey slayer

I am going to go listen in the morning, I went riding on my cart this afternoon and saw a few tracks and put up a camera!