turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Wrights #3 in Gobbler max 870

Started by AR_gobblergetter, February 18, 2013, 09:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AR_gobblergetter

WOW all I can say!! got this choke from Clark at allaboutshooting ..he recommended it and boy was he spot on I didnt take pics but I will be going back out in a day or two and Ill post some ...tightest pattern Ive saw out of any of my turkey guns @ 50yards ...it ate up the target I was mainly getting the gobbler stopper scope set in ..I shot fed flight control #5s 3 1/2 and hevi shot mag blend 3 1/2  I have 100% faith that it will DRT a turkey at 50-60 yards all the pellets were in a 9-10 in circle and it really impressed me ..Ive had a bunch of chokes but if yall are looking for a long range or a real tight patterning choke    try one ...Id like to thank Clark also he has been very helpful in several ways , even sent me some fiber optic for my front sight for free

R AJ

Let's go back over this . All the pellets were in a 9-10" circle at 50 yards and you were using #5 shot and mag blends, #5,#6,#7 shot? I hope that you are going to participate in the NWTF Still Shooting Championship this fall with this rig.You should definitely be able to take the trophy home.

Those pictures would have been awesome.

BandedSpur

Yeah, my BS meter is pegged as well. All the shot in a 9-10" circle at 50 yds? This I gotta see. Also, be advised, the mods here don't appreciate any talk of shots or patterning at distances beyond 40 yds.

TnTurk

at 50-60 yards all the pellets were in a 9-10 in circle   ???    :popcorn:

AR_gobblergetter

I didnt measure it im saying almost all the majority of the pellets were ...sorry please forgive me allmighty turkey slayers for not providing info worthy of your reading

runngun

WHOA, Easy BIG FELLER!!! On here you gotta say what you mean and mean what you say. One here you will have your man card pulled for talking about shooting passed forty, fourty, 40 yards or 120 feet or 1440 inches!!!

Good Luck and may God Bless
Ray
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

AR_gobblergetter

Quote from: runngun on February 19, 2013, 02:45:44 PM
WHOA, Easy BIG FELLER!!! On here you gotta say what you mean and mean what you say. One here you will have your man card pulled for talking about shooting passed forty, fourty, 40 yards or 120 feet or 1440 inches!!!

Good Luck and may God Bless
Ray
haa haa obviously ..wheww ! Im on probably 5 different large hunting forums and usually dont get jumped so quick ..funny

TnTurk

Quote from: AR_gobblergetter on February 19, 2013, 08:27:37 AM
I didnt measure it im saying almost all the majority of the pellets were ...sorry please forgive me allmighty turkey slayers for not providing info worthy of your reading
Just having a little fun, no harm done. LOL  Would love to see some pics if you got some. Sounds like you've got a great combo there.  Good Luck and God Bless, Steve

Old Gobbler

Our Good members are looking out for the best interests of the forum and the image of the sport , just about everyone has killed a gobbler and later on figured out it was a bit further or closer than they thought ,unfortunately some have taken a shot , and it got away , got away wounded etc... people tend not to brag or hear about those --

What has proved to be the best angle of approach on the touchy subject of over , or even well, well over 40 yards is to keep it at the standard 40 yards for comparison purposes and use your "imagination" past that - that keeps everyone happy and no disputes on the site between members   

Thanks again --Shannon     
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

3" 870 Shell Shucker

Another thing that got you some responses, is that you were describing a world-record type of pattern.  Trust me, they do want to see it.  Clark would sell a bunch of those chokes if it did.