turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Where to buy Fast Fire 3? (and options)

Started by HoggleGobble, February 17, 2013, 11:19:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HoggleGobble

Well, after reading many reviews on Eotech 512s, Aimpoint m1s, and FF3... I decided to go w/ a FF3 for my new SBE2 pistol grip. My question is where is the most reliable place to purchase w/ the quickest shipping? I may in fact buy 2, as my 870 Max gobbler needs a new red dot since my Speed Dot will not hold a zero.
Also, what options can I purchase to protect the FF3 from hitting limbs and other things and I walk through the woods? I'm pretty hard on my turkey guns. What rails do I need to purchase as well, picatinny? Thanks guys!!!

chatterbox

Excellent choice! I would go with Optics Planet for the FFIII. I know there is a protector for the FFIII, but I don't know what the part number for it is.
I would go with the Picatinny rail as the mount that comes with the FFIII will clamp right to that rail.
Good luck! I went with the 8 MOA dot over the 3 MOA dot because I like a bigger dot, but that was just a personal preference.

HoggleGobble

Quote from: chatterbox on February 17, 2013, 04:23:12 PM
Excellent choice! I would go with Optics Planet for the FFIII. I know there is a protector for the FFIII, but I don't know what the part number for it is.
I would go with the Picatinny rail as the mount that comes with the FFIII will clamp right to that rail.
Good luck! I went with the 8 MOA dot over the 3 MOA dot because I like a bigger dot, but that was just a personal preference.

Would you go with the weaver 336 or just the picatinny? and what is the difference in the 2?

BOFF

Weaver 336 is mounted with 2 holes I believe. Picatinny is 4.

Amazon had the FFIII 8 mm for $216 and change with free shipping about 2 weeks ago. I noticed the price went up.

God Bless,
David B.

HoggleGobble

If I mount it to the 336 weaver, do I need to purchase the FF3 w/ picatinny mount option? One is $239 and the other is $254... If I bought it w/out the picatinny mount option, how would anyone ever mount it??

BurrisOptics

If you have a pic rail already just purchase the FF3 without the mount and then order the picatinny protector mount.  That should save you a couple of bucks.  Try Optics Planet if Sumtoy doesn't have any in stock.

whiskey

Not sure where you are located, but Midsouth Shooters Supply is my vendor of choice.

jtoliver43

Have any of you ever used this site?
http://opticsandmore.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_32&products_id=157

that is a great price, but I have never heard of them.
Conserve. Hunt. Share.

Byhalia

Ever thought about the Burris speedbead for your SBE II ?
I'm thinking of going that route.
~ Listen to the Wind ~    http://customprocalls.com/

tomtamer25

Optics planet was out of FFIII, I ordered mine from Midway USA and it should be here Monday.