turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Weaver Micro Dot

Started by Kates, February 16, 2013, 11:05:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kates

Had a chance to look at the Weaver Micro dot today and really liked it.  I believe it retails for around $90.  Does anyone have any experience with them?

the Ward

Haven't heard of that one yet.Where did you see it at?

Kates

I had a chance to look at it at the NWTF convention in Nashville.  Midway has them for around $85

the Ward

I'll have to check it out.I'm getting to be somewhat of an optics junkie lately lol!Thanks for the info......ward

outdoors

OpticsPlanet Brand Name Optics
These is where I got mine ..
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

DirtNap647

site seems interesting... is it waterproof? and does anyone know where the battery is located?

outdoors

The battery is on the top real easy to get to ::::::: Mueller Optical 33mm Quick Shot 1MOA 3.25in Waterproof Red Dot Scope, Camo MQS12233. This is the one I have and it states that it is waterproof ...
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

DirtNap647

were you refering to the weaver micro dot or the mueller ?

Tom Dooley

Anyone had any experience with this site.

VAarrowslinger

anyone know any more now about this micro dot?

USMC0331

I ask the same in a earlier post, I believe this dot is new and came out after turkey season started.

JKF

I have one and they are ok. Seems to hold zero so far but the adjustment screws will not stay tight. They turn freely with no solid clicks. That is my biggest complaint about the sight

Kates

I just finished the season with mine and was well pleased.  I have not used any other of the sights so I could not give an accurate comparison. 

The pros: Held zero perfect, battery never went bad and has a great price point.

The cons: I lost one of my set screws while getting it zeroed.  Weaver's customer service STINKS!   I own three other Weaver scopes on my rifles and seriously considered putting them on E-bay. I sent five different e-mails begging for a response and it took nearly three weeks for them to get back with me.  The numbers on the package will just send you to voice mail.  I even called Midway, who I purchased it from and all they had was the same number.  When I did get a response, I couldn't get a set screw because they said they could not send out that part.  I sent my sight back in, and the replace it with a new one.

All that said, I think the only thing wrong with this product is the folks who manufacture it.