turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Talked To Winchester Rep.

Started by K9Doc, February 16, 2013, 02:49:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K9Doc

I spoke with Reps for Winchester @ NWTF Convention yesterday. I asked him if they were going to discontinue Xtended Range and said, absolutely not. I told him that its rumored on all the turkey forums and he says, "Please let everyone know we will continue with Xtended Range. No changes expected".
He was not interested in getting on the forums and just was not very concern.
Told him we turkey hunters wanted 3 changes:
1.  Boxes of 5
2.  Higher payloads
3. #7 shot
Not sure what he thought.
Be the type of person your dog thinks you are.

BowBendr

Well, if they are going to continue making it, they'd better get busy. In most places all you can find are #4's.

Bird season opens up in a month in some states.......

paboxcall

Quote from: BowBendr on February 16, 2013, 02:58:01 PM
Well, if they are going to continue making it, they'd better get busy. In most places all you can find are #4's.

Bird season opens up in a month in some states.......

That's probably the better question for a Win rep, bowbendr -- When will your company begin shipping for the 2013 season, what date can hunters expect their load offerings on the shelf?
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

BowBendr

Quote from: K9Doc on February 16, 2013, 02:49:22 PMHe was not interested in getting on the forums and just was not very concern.

There's the problem right there.
As a company, I would be very concerned that word had gotten out all across the country that we had discontinued the shells. Meanwhile, everybody is out buying other makers shells getting ready to hunt soon.
They're gonna quickly lose market share.

davisd9

Quote from: K9Doc on February 16, 2013, 02:49:22 PM
I spoke with Reps for Winchester @ NWTF Convention yesterday. I asked him if they were going to discontinue Xtended Range and said, absolutely not. I told him that its rumored on all the turkey forums and he says, "Please let everyone know we will continue with Xtended Range. No changes expected".
He was not interested in getting on the forums and just was not very concern.
Told him we turkey hunters wanted 3 changes:
1.  Boxes of 5
2.  Higher payloads
3. #7 shot
Not sure what he thought.

Why do we want boxes of 5 shells. I would rather hevi make boxes of 10.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

socalturkeyman

Why do we want boxes of 5 shells. I would rather hevi make boxes of 10.

[/quote]
I was just thinking the same thing.
A shot not taken,is a shot missed!
Juan Galindo-Last Light Taxidermy

longspur

Makes me wonder why MidwayUsa would put it on ther site. If it was to make me believe a lie to get me to buy something else then I'm pissed.

Eric Gregg

I will stick to my Fed Heavyweights.

redarrow

Boxes of 5 would reduce the cost when you are attempting to find out which shell / choke combo works best in your gun. I sent about 10 different partial boxes with 6 or 7 shells in each to a friend in Ky.It can get costly.

spaightlabs

Quote from: redarrow on February 16, 2013, 05:38:28 PM
Boxes of 5 would reduce the cost when you are attempting to find out which shell / choke combo works best in your gun. I sent about 10 different partial boxes with 6 or 7 shells in each to a friend in Ky.It can get costly.

So boxes of 3 would be preferable??

I'd rather have 10.

WyoHunter

If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

davisd9

Good shells are pretty easy to sell if you are reasonable in pricing.

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Rockhound

Xtended range are gone the rep at the convention didn't even have any at tje booth for advertising but they had everything else that should tell you something

K9Doc

Hmmmm. Why boxes of 5?  Seriously?  It wasn't until recently that I didn't have to worry about Ammo prices. New choke or two. $65-150
Now Ammo:  Hevi-shot $50 for 10.
HvyWt  $50+for 10   Now I want to try 6's and 7's
You still got the math?
We are up to $350. Did it pattern well? 
That's why 5 shells are appealing to the Avg. turkey hunter.
Many of you guys are not average.
Be the type of person your dog thinks you are.

davisd9

Best advice I can give you is take advantage of friends with the same guns and wanting to try things. Couple buddies and I go in together if we want to try a different shell. Dirt road monks and I send chokes back and forth to try. Agree very much it can get expensive, but I love it so much the cost does not bother me much. 95% of my play money goes to Turkey hunting (calls, shells, chokes, camp, etc.).