OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Best Hevi13 Price?

Started by bowhunter2k9, February 15, 2013, 02:01:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bowhunter2k9

Hey guys, I went to buy some Hevishot and BAM... prices were ridiculous!!! 39.99 for 5 shots... Looks like lead this year for me unless you guys know of any good prices!!!
Romans 8:38-39

packmule

If you google Hevi13 turkey loads you can find 3" boxes of 5 shells for $26-30, not including shipping.  There is also the $10 rebate available through the manufacturer.  Still expensive, but less than the prices you've encountered.

Good luck!

BrowningGuy88

Magblends are $35 locally. I believe I will just be shooting Nitros out of the 935 for that kinda price.

WW

Hopefully they'll have another rebate this year.....I bought a lot from cabelas on sale for $19.99 a box and free shipping and sent my rebates in for $5 off each box last year for a total of $14.99 per box.... 12 gauge 3.5 inch #6's.

chatterbox

Don't think for one miniute the discontinuation of Win XRHD hasn't been noticed by EM. I bet the prices for Hevi-13 will skyrocket instead of decrease.
If I didn't have plenty of HTL left, I would look into Nitros or handloading.

paboxcall

Quote from: chatterbox on February 15, 2013, 03:30:58 PM
If I didn't have plenty of HTL left, I would look into Nitros or handloading.

Same boat, I made a little stock pile of 3-2-7 just in case.

:icon_thumright:
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

FullChoke

Wow, 8 bucks a shot?!!!!!?  :o :o :o :o :o

Not wanting to hijack your thread, but this is making my TSS handloads look frugal at $6.75 per squeeze.

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

R AJ

Academy sports had the best prices but they have probably sold out by now.

Check Rogers Sporting Goods, Graf & Sons ( Best Shipping Price ) .

chatterbox

When you are in the drivers seat like EM is, you hold all the cards.
Sad, but that's the way it's going to be going forward.
Stock up............ A storm is brewing.

spaightlabs

Not sure where you live, but Sportsmans Warehouse has 3 in Magblends for 26.  Add the rebate and it's not too bad.

Big Timber

Rockhound

Quote from: FullChoke on February 15, 2013, 04:56:35 PM

Not wanting to hijack your thread, but this is making my TSS handloads look frugal at $6.75 per squeeze.

FC

X2

My 10 ga. 2-1/2 oz load of tss8's run about $9.30

fowlfan

The price of tungsten has risen extremely fast for the past few years. Look for Hevi-13 on Rogers and be sure to take advantage of the rebate on the HeviShot website, it'll help. The website is www.hevishot.com

paboxcall

Quote from: FullChoke on February 15, 2013, 04:56:35 PM

FC

I always say 'you can't put a price tag on fun.'               :goofball:

I don't mind paying the money for the performance.  Hevi 3-2-7 simply blows any lead load I've tried so stocking up was a no brainer for me.
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

01Foreman400

I stocked up on some 3".  $20.99 a box. 

Huntin Fool From Georgia!