Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Best turkey hunting shirt and pants?

Started by Xcal1ber, February 14, 2013, 01:57:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xcal1ber

The title says it all fellers! I need some good light weight turkey hunting clothes. I never have luck with them. Now keep in mind, I'm a XXL sized man. Thanks men!
He shouldn't ought done'nat........ He dead.

StruttinGobbler3

Heres an idea. I wear one of cabelas lightweight leafy suits. The leaves are sewn into a mesh material so it's very cool and light. You can wear anything you want underneath it. I've been known to wear gym shorts and a tshirt under my suit when the weather gets really warm. Very comfortable way to hunt, and it does an excellent job of breaking up your outline and blending you into your surroundings.
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

TurkeyTom

I've never heard of anyone saying they had the best turkey hunting clothes. 

I wear the same hunting clothes as I do when bow hunting deer.... and it's never been a problem. One day it's Mossy Oak and the next might be Realtree.  Heck..... it might even be mix and match.  ::)

jblackburn

Natgear has light weight shirts in their SCII that are great! It is mesh backed and mesh arm pitted and made of very light material
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

BrowningGuy88

When my camo wears out this year - which it is on its 5th year so it is getting worn - I am buying a ghillie suit.

I will be able to wear anything then and just slide on the Ghillie!!!

WildSpur

I am really happy with my Under Armour hear gear long sleeved t shirt.  I also am a fan of the Ol Tom duralite pants.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Cluck more, yelp less

ssramage

The best pants I've found are BDUs. Once it gets hotter though I wear Treklite shirts and pants.

Spring_Woods

Quote from: StruttinGobbler3 on February 14, 2013, 02:51:36 AM
Heres an idea. I wear one of cabelas lightweight leafy suits. The leaves are sewn into a mesh material so it's very cool and light. You can wear anything you want underneath it. I've been known to wear gym shorts and a tshirt under my suit when the weather gets really warm. Very comfortable way to hunt, and it does an excellent job of breaking up your outline and blending you into your surroundings.

Good suggestion, agreed.
"Was that a gobble?":gobble:

bushwhacker

The best pants I have found are military surplus in the woodland camo. You can get the used pants for $15 around home. They are tough as nails and don't fade or turn purple like the other kinds. Best pants I have found. I just wear a long sleeved camo t- shirt from walmart in realtree apg.

Onpoint

I like the ACU 'army combat uniform' pants. Cabelas had them in mossyoak and seclusion open country a few years back. These britches are tough as nails. They' have removable knee pads, which is a turkey hunters best friend. Theyre made with RIPSTOP, and are by far the best turkey huntin pants I've ver wore. I've wore the same pair for 3 seasons. I've yet to get more than a season out I a pair of bogs boots. Im hard on stuff come turkey season. The only thing that's held up as good as those britches is my Ole 870.

ziggy

Quote from: ssramage on February 14, 2013, 11:50:22 AM
The best pants I've found are BDUs. Once it gets hotter though I wear Treklite shirts and pants.
wing supply was doing a great deal on treklite pants and shirts a few weeks back, $15 bucks for each.  they may still be doing it for all i know.  i hunt in upstate sc where it's hot and humid, and i wear the treklite pants and shirt with a 3d bug suit over the top.  works well for me.
"Playing that cowboy music
And it feels good, to be working hard"

Garrett Trentham

I like how well the leafy suits blend in, but I have to walk through too many brier patches here in eastern NC to wear them. Heck some days you can put on jeans in the am and come back to camp with "leafy jeans".

I wear regular camo pants and shirt (mossy oak explorer) early in the season and layer under them so I can shed clothes as the temps warm. Nothing worse than shivering from the cold while a gobbler is staring at you. It's hard enough to control the shakes when it's warm. As the pm temps rise into the 80s later in the season I wear treklite shirts and pants. Treklites are durable, cool, and the camo won't fade like cotton fabric.
"Conservation needs more than lip service... more than professionals. It needs ordinary people with extraordinary desire. "
- Dr. Rex Hancock

www.deltawaterfowl.org

Treeninja

Quote from: StruttinGobbler3 on February 14, 2013, 02:51:36 AM

X2, This is what I wear also

WickedBama

Although O own a nice turkey vest, You can purchase Ol Tom technical turkey shirt and pant and wont even need a vest the shirt comes with magnetic pockets, locatercall lanyards in the chest pockets, diaphragm pockets, spine pad, magnetic back piece for seat, the pants have slate pocket, with striker holder, knee pads, box call pocket and multiple storage pockets. great buy comes in obsession,bottom land,apg,infinity.
Live For It!