turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Targets

Started by Ky Gobbler, February 12, 2013, 03:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ky Gobbler

I know everyone on here does quite a bit of shotgun patterning. What do you do for your target setup? From what I've experienced it takes some big paper. I'v tried things such as pizza boxes and poster boards, but after its shot it takes forever to patch it up. I usually just tape printer paper over the holes.

turkey_slayer

SKFOOTER

I buy the cheap white poster board from Wal Mart.  You can get 3-4 for a $1.

30_06

I buy a roll of painters paper from Lowes for $10, and just cut to the length I want.
Made a target holder out of pvc for about $5 including the clamps to hold the paper up.

Skeeterbait

Made a frame out of bending conduit and putting two rollers across it.  Roll a roll of paper onto one roll and roll it up on the other roller to expose clean paper for the next shot.  Frame is about 4'x4' square with steel spikes on the bottom edges to stake it into the ground.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: Ky Gobbler on February 12, 2013, 03:25:09 PM
I know everyone on here does quite a bit of shotgun patterning. What do you do for your target setup? From what I've experienced it takes some big paper. I'v tried things such as pizza boxes and poster boards, but after its shot it takes forever to patch it up. I usually just tape printer paper over the holes.

I use white butcher paper from Sam's Club. It's relatively inexpensive and comes in large rolls that are 18" wide. You can put 2 together for initial patterning and then use just one once your POA matches your POI.

It's tough paper that does not tear easily and makes patterns very visible.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

Ky Gobbler

Thanks for all of the responses.

Looks like i need to make a trip to lowes. Does anyone have a picture of the stand they use to hold the paper up with?

vaturkey

Quote from: Ky Gobbler on February 12, 2013, 08:06:21 PM
Thanks for all of the responses.

Looks like i need to make a trip to lowes. Does anyone have a picture of the stand they use to hold the paper up with?

Realestate sign ! 
Vaturkey

whiskey

Christmas wrapping paper, back side is white. You can get big rolls for a dollar at the Dollar Tree. I stop and pick up a big screen TV box from people's trash or another big box, like a large moving box. Anything big enough to tape the wrapping paper on.

davisd9

Quote from: whiskey on February 12, 2013, 09:22:07 PM
Christmas wrapping paper, back side is white. You can get big rolls for a dollar at the Dollar Tree.

X2!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

WildSpur

I just use red rosin paper from home depot.  A roll will last a long time.  For a bullseye I put my 2" wide roll of tape down and color the inside of the spool.  Gives a perfect 3" aiming point.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Cluck more, yelp less

Sand Man

I used to use paper, but what a PIA trying to cut it to size and attach it to a frame to shoot.  Now I use cardboard.  I have a buddy in the paper business that gets large shipments of paper.  They come on pallets. They use 4'X4' sheets of cardboard to seperate the paper during shipping.  I use these 4'X4' sheets to pattern.  Once I shoot, I just cut all the access around my pattern to make it easier to count and transport.  He gives me 4' wide rolls of paper as well, but I always use the cardboard.

Let the little twenty EAT!!!!