turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Best choke for a benelli nova??

Started by birdyhunter, February 11, 2013, 07:15:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

birdyhunter

Decided to switch from my old 870 to a nova. Before I go out and drop $50-60 on a choke I would like to know who's getting the best patterns out of their setup. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

SumToy

650 to 660 in a few brands work well.  I like one better then others. :toothy9:
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

hookedspur

PM William at sumtoy he will help you nail it !!!
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Old Gobbler

Look in the pattern picture section - I use a .655 and have good results with many makes
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Set up a nova last year for a buddy. After a barrel polish and a Sumtoy .650 it went 241 in the 10" at 40 with h13 2.25 ounce 6s.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: birdyhunter on February 11, 2013, 07:15:40 PM
Decided to switch from my old 870 to a nova. Before I go out and drop $50-60 on a choke I would like to know who's getting the best patterns out of their setup. Thanks in advance!

I've owned a Nova since they were introduced and over the years have acquired 3 barrels for my gun, 24", 26" and 28". All pattern very well. I normally use 3" shells and the best are the Hevi-13 "Bronze" shells with 2 oz. of #6 shot. I see my best patterns with the SSX turkey chokes that work very well with the tight bores of Benelli shotguns.

Thanks,
Clark

"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

albrubacker

I am getting nice patterns with a .660 trulock with Win HV and Extd R
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

birdyhunter

Quote from: SumToy on February 11, 2013, 09:20:11 PM
lol I'm sure you do. I'll be getting in touch pretty soon.

mmusso

Quote from: birdyhunter on February 14, 2013, 08:34:03 AM
Quote from: SumToy on February 11, 2013, 09:20:11 PM
lol I'm sure you do. I'll be getting in touch pretty soon.

I would highly recommend that you do this. He got my Nova setup great!   :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: