OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

How does my Set up look

Started by C.j., February 11, 2013, 04:42:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C.j.

I am shooting a Benelli SBE with a Primos Jelly head Choke, what would you reccomend for shells?

BrowningGuy88

Do you want to shoot lead or heavier than lead shot?

Lead: It is hard to beat Winchester HV #6's

HTL: You have H13 in #6, #7, or Mag Blends. You have Winchester Extended Range in 5's or 6's. You have Federal Heavyweights in 6's or 7's. You also have Nitro's in several loading options.

A good place to start would be with Hevi-13 #6 or #7 shot in your choice of 3" or 3.5" shells.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: C.j. on February 11, 2013, 04:42:11 PM
I am shooting a Benelli SBE with a Primos Jelly head Choke, what would you reccomend for shells?

You've already been given good advice. I shoot a 1991 SBE and have 24", 26" and 28" barrels. I used to shoot a lot of 3.5" shells and still do when evaluating a new choke or related item but mostly shoot 3" shells for hunting and in competition.

The Hevi-13 shells with 2 oz. of #6 or #7 shot are the most consistent performers for my guns and in my experience the best on the  market today.

I'd add to the lead loads the White Lightning shells from Spectra Shot. They are also top performing lead load shells.

It's important with the SBE to at least one time, "deep clean" the bore. That chrome lining can make it look clean when it has "gunk" built up in it. All of my Benelli barrels pattern much better when the bores are clean.

You have a great gun. All my best to you this spring.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

C.j.

Right now I am shooting 3 1/2 Supreme's 4 shot with a jelly head choke. Looking to switch to the Hevi-13's

albrubacker

IMHO #4's are not going to give you very good patterns in a choke as tight as the JH. Mine likes #6 shot. Shooting a Ben SN
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

C.j.

BrowningGuy88

I like the Hevi 6's and the Magnum Blend. They tend to shoot the same type of numbers in my gun. The Mag Blends do offer you extra velocity.