turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Lead numbers

Started by Ky Gobbler, February 10, 2013, 10:09:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

burke0428

the choke says .655 and i am shooting a 12 ga benelli nova 28" barrel. i am going to try and get some large pieces of paper and get a chance to see the whole pattern. i might be off and just missing the good section of the pattern. ive got federals remington and some winchester all in 3" and 3.5" number 6s and well see what i get. i might try to post some pics and will definitely let you guys know what i find out. thanks for the help.

appalachianstruttstopper

Quote from: burke0428 on February 20, 2013, 08:53:24 PM
the choke says .655 and i am shooting a 12 ga benelli nova 28" barrel. i am going to try and get some large pieces of paper and get a chance to see the whole pattern. i might be off and just missing the good section of the pattern. ive got federals remington and some winchester all in 3" and 3.5" number 6s and well see what i get. i might try to post some pics and will definitely let you guys know what i find out. thanks for the help.

I use masking paper that is used to protect floors after I install them. Back side of Christmas paper works good to.

Longshanks

I like 100+ in a 10 @ 40. Unfortunately shooting 3" 5's I wasn't able to achieve that. My 30-35 yard patterns with 5's were business but at 40 yards the space between pellets was too much. lead patterns can really deteriorate from 30-40 and even 35-40. Shooting 160-170's in a 10 @ 40 with Win 3/2/6's. Win 3/1 7/8/ 6's comes close to that with 1 3/4 not far behind. Shot so much better than 5's I stopped hunting with them.