OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Trijicon RMR Dual Illuminated

Started by Redfish, February 10, 2013, 08:55:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redfish

I'm currently shooting a Browning Silver NWTF with the factory fiber optic sights. My eyes aren't what they used to be and although I hate the thought of mounting an optic on my shotgun, I am very close to doing exactly that. I was wondering if anyone here is using the Trijicon RMR dual illumination on their turkey gun.
John 3:16

CrustyRusty

Really nice sight.  My only problem is that it has a large dot, i think the smallest one is 7moa.  I personally like a small dot so the Burris F3 is a better option for me.  And..I like the Burris protective mount.  But, the RMR is really nice with ultra clear optics.  Its pricey too.

mtsrunner

I am thinking of going with the RMR, too. I have had laser surgery twice and I am back in contact lenses again. I had a gobbler in range this morning, but when I mounted my shotgun, I thought my rear sight had come loose because I couldn't get focused. I missed two birds last year after having missed only one in the previous 8 seasons. It sucks getting old and I'm only 43.
I will follow up if I get the RMR or FF3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gobblergls

While I don't have the RMR, I have two Trijicon Reflexes (6.5 moa) and they are tough, military grade optics. The RMR should give trouble free service for many years.  7 MOA works fine for turkey hunting.  At 40 yards, 7 MOA covers a 2.8" disk which is easily centered on a bird's neck or head.

BurrisOptics

It's a really good sight if you end up getting it.  It'll work great for turkeys.

ncturkey

Burrisoptics guy does Burris plan on making  some type of Dual Illumimated reflex type sight in the future? I think it is real cool how you talk and do on this sight. Most guys would push there products. But you do not. Thanks for a honest response.

Sako358

I was wondering if anyone here is using the Trijicon RMR dual illumination on their turkey gun

I put one on my SBE II last year.  Love it!!  I cut a 2" section of a Picatinny Base and attached it to the last 2 screws on my SBE. Mounted the Trijicon RMO5-33 just over the top of the receiver hump.   Love the NO Battery Feature.  Works great.  Easy to carry.  I think mine is a 9 MOA dot which covers about 4.5" at 50 yards.  Perfect!
Helps with these new tight shooting Turkey guns.
Run & Gun: Benelli SBE 2, Trijicon RMR, IC .710, Hevi 13 #5 Zero 30 yds
Blind Gun:  Benelli SBE 2, Leupold 1.5x5 Circle Dot, Trulock .665, Federal HW #5 Zero 40 yds
Field Gun: Benelli Super Nova, Leupold 6x42, Harris Bipod, IC .670, Federal HW #5 Zero 50 yds

BurrisOptics

Quote from: ncturkey on April 04, 2013, 05:44:08 PM
Burrisoptics guy does Burris plan on making  some type of Dual Illumimated reflex type sight in the future? I think it is real cool how you talk and do on this sight. Most guys would push there products. But you do not. Thanks for a honest response.

Thanks for the kind words.  Describe what you would like to see in a dual illumination system.

the Ward

Quote from: BurrisOptics on February 25, 2014, 04:10:09 PM

Thanks for the kind words.  Describe what you would like to see in a dual illumination system.
My vote is for a green dot FF3! I think the green would stand out better in the woods. I would love to see one with a 5 or 6 minute dot.

ncturkey

Quote from: Sako358 on February 15, 2014, 09:15:38 PM
I was wondering if anyone here is using the Trijicon RMR dual illumination on their turkey gun

I put one on my SBE II last year.  Love it!!  I cut a 2" section of a Picatinny Base and attached it to the last 2 screws on my SBE. Mounted the Trijicon RMO5-33 just over the top of the receiver hump.   Love the NO Battery Feature.  Works great.  Easy to carry.  I think mine is a 9 MOA dot which covers about 4.5" at 50 yards.  Perfect!
Helps with these new tight shooting Turkey guns.
what color is your dot?

ncturkey

Me too. Green dot
Quote from: the Ward on February 25, 2014, 07:04:14 PM

My vote is for a green dot FF3! I think the green would stand out better in the woods. I would love to see one with a 5 or 6 minute dot.

mrclif

A fiber optic or trituim back up for battery failure would be excellent in the fast fires

Sako358

Quote from: ncturkey on March 19, 2014, 07:00:04 PM

what color is your dot?

Mine is yellow.  It is very bright in the woods. I like it fine. But I use Green on my bow sights and they work good as well.
Blind Gun:  Benelli SBE 2, Leupold 1.5x5 Circle Dot, Trulock .665, Federal HW #5 Zero 40 yds
Field Gun: Benelli Super Nova, Leupold 6x42, Harris Bipod, IC .670, Federal HW #5 Zero 50 yds

Sako358

UPS just delivered my new "AC31015: ARD (Tenebraex® Anti-Reflection Device killFlash® for Dual-Illuminated RMR)
I am not sure if I need it but I had a couple of Gobblers spook inside 50 yards this past season.  The RMR has a strong reflection even in the shade. So I think it may have spooked them.
Anyone else worry about reflection from their sights?
I'll try to post a photo of the Killflash.

http://www.trijicon.com/images/product_additionals/AC31015_315.jpg