Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Friday Devotional 02/08/2013 " Are You Thankful for Your Blessings?"

Started by BOFF, February 08, 2013, 07:20:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOFF

Good Morning Gentlemen!!! I pray your day will be filled with God's glory, and His peace will be upon you, your family, and the things you do, for God's glory!!

In reading this morning, we will look at Luke 17:11-19

Luke 17:11-19 (MSG)

11-13 It happened that as he made his way toward Jerusalem, he crossed over the border between Samaria and Galilee. As he entered a village, ten men, all lepers, met him. They kept their distance but raised their voices, calling out, "Jesus, Master, have mercy on us!"

14-16 Taking a good look at them, he said, "Go, show yourselves to the priests."

They went, and while still on their way, became clean. One of them, when he realized that he was healed, turned around and came back, shouting his gratitude, glorifying God. He kneeled at Jesus' feet, so grateful. He couldn't thank him enough—and he was a Samaritan.

17-19 Jesus said, "Were not ten healed? Where are the nine? Can none be found to come back and give glory to God except this outsider?" Then he said to him, "Get up. On your way. Your faith has healed and saved you."

Take a few minutes and think of having nothing. Think of being alone, scared, naked, cold, hungry, physically beaten, bruised, and emotionally, spiritually and mentally drained. Now think of yourself now, in your present condition, and write down the Blessings you have. To be able to have a device to read this lesson, the electricity to use the devise, the roof over your head, the clothes on your body, the food and drink you placed in your mouth probably before reading this, and the toothbrush and toothpaste to clean your teeth with afterwards.

I could go on, and on, of the things we may often take for granted. Things, which are all God's, as we ourselves, are of God, and for God.

How many of us have received the Blessings of healing, or Blessings in general, like the 10 men who had leprosy, and not thanked the rightful giver, Jesus, of the gifts and Blessings?

Yes, God will allow His works, and Blessings to those who do not thank Him, but how joyous He must feel with our praise and thankfulness!!!

Heavenly Father,

Forgive us of our thanklessness of ALL the many Blessings You have given us and our families. Thank You for working in our lives and those around us. May we be aware of the things we need to change in our hearts. Mold me, break me, and build my life to better serve You and Your Kingdom.

Thank You for the eternal life we have with You, and the protection of Your loving arms which shields us from things seen, and unseen. May You cast Satan away from our lives, families, and church bodies,  protecting us from his clutches, and temptations. Thank You for what You have done, and for what You are going to do in our lives. May we accept it all, for Your Glory, and Your Glory alone. For it is in Jesus name we ask and claim these things, Amen!!

God Bless,
David B.

misfire

Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

Duke0002

Roostem33

Great reminder David, it is so easy to let the simple things slide past us. Thanks!

Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)