North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Help me to help kids with cancer!!

Started by RutnNStrutn, February 06, 2013, 12:29:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RutnNStrutn

Time for a shameless plug!!! ;D
Guys, I am participating for my third year in a row in a St. Baldricks event to raise money for researching childhood cancer. Our event is on March 16th (yes, I'll be missing the turkey opener to participate - its that important!!). Myself and other firefighters :firefighter:, cops :policeman: and some civilians :camohat: will be having our heads shaved to raise money for this worthy cause. So I am asking all Old Gobbler members to please, open your hearts, and your wallets, and make a tax deductible donation. No amount is too small, it all helps. If you'd like to donate, here's the link to my page. :thanks:

http://www.stbaldricks.org/participants/mypage/572934/2013

TWOWITHONE

If you shave your head and you keep the fumanchu youll look like Hulk Hogan  :you_rock: : Ill give you some jingle. We do it up here in Pgh too but its for fill the boot Jerry Lewis and the kids with M.D. :firefighter:

RutnNStrutn

Thanks brother, I appreciate that. :icon_thumright:
We used to do MDA drives for years. But 3 years ago, when the economy was tanking, MDA wasn't happy with our collection amount. So they sent us a letter telling us it wasn't good enough, and for us to get back out there and do another boot drive. ::)
Needless to say, that didn't happen. So we formed our own benevolent fund, and still do our boot drives, at a different time of year, and give it to the charity of our choice. So far its been different camps for kids burned in house fires.