Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Do we want to do a travel call?

Started by RutnNStrutn, February 05, 2013, 11:53:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RutnNStrutn

Some of the teams I've been on in the past have done travel calls. Its pretty cool to ship it around, having the team autograph the call, and take pics of it with their birds.
What do you guys think? Do you want to do it?
If so, do we have any call makers in the group that would want to make one? If not, do we have someone who'd like to donate one to use?
If we decide to do this, we will need a list of member's hunt dates so we can arrange a schedule for the call to follow so that everyone gets a chance. Please let me know what you guys think of this idea.

WildSpur

Sounds good.  I am not a call maker.  I would be interested.

Cluck more, yelp less

TURKEYWHACKER

Have done it in the past and wouldn't mind doing it again.

Hayudog

I'd be interested.  If we buy a call I'm sure the call maker could do something special to it.  Al Shoemaker, SS Custom calls has done a couple for me as retirement or birthday gifts- TRKYHTR also builds calls, he's on one of the other teams.  I'd be willing to pitch in to buy one.

RutnNStrutn

What about the rest of y'all? A call split 12 ways would be quite affordable. But we'd need to get it rolling soon. Strutzone starts on March 2nd!!

Hayudog

Another thought about the team call.  At the end of the season we could give the call to the top point bird of our team. One team member would have a call signed by all of us to remember the 2013 season.  Thoughts about that and maybe some call makers to think about.  TRKYHTR - Joe Slaton is a call maker on here- Mother Lode Turkey calls, SS Custom Calls- Al Shoemaker from Va, Bill Baublit Custom Box Calls- California call maker.

I'll take on the lead to purchase if we want to go forward- We need to be finalized on our team name before we purchase- I think that should be put on the call by the call maker.   

RutnNStrutn

Agreed. But I'd like to hear from the rest of the team before we proceed with that. Some of them haven't contacted me after PM'ing me to be part of the team.

TWOWITHONE

Im sure Wildspur and myself would be game.

blackmagic

Hayudog

Any ideas yet?  May take a while to get it.

RutnNStrutn

I'm thinking it's a little late now. Some of our guys already started, I think. And a lot of us are fixing to start.

Hayudog

Ok- I may do something anyway- Just on my own- If it can make it around to a few guys this year its ok. 

RutnNStrutn