OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Strikers for aluminum pot call

Started by MiamiE, February 05, 2013, 10:25:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiamiE

Im looking to buy a couple different strikers for an aluminum pot I have. Which wood do you all recommend?

scoot12

I own quite a few aluminum pots in plain and anodized surface,  I find that diamondwood runs the best.  I love a two piece diamondwood on aluminum.  Scoot

REBELYELL

Lights Out Dymonwood sounds good, but the best I have heard is a Woodhaven Strike 3 birch flared tip striker. That striker spits feathers when it hits the playing surface. It also sounds great on crystal and glass call. I just recently started learning the importance and what different strikers can bring to the table over the last couple of years, and I have acquired 12-15 different types. But, if I could only take one striker to the woods, it would be hard to leave that Woodhaven birch flared tip at home.

http://www.woodhavencustomcalls.com/Commerce/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=365&CatID=17

TauntoHawk

My favorite two strikers are David Halloran flare tip purpleheart And a hooks paduak gobble stix.

That's on my hooks anodized aluminum cedar pot
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

savduck

I have good luck with Purple Heart and hickory

I have never understood why everyone likes diamond wood. It doesn't grip as well as others.
Georgia Boy

hunter22

I have literally a few hundred strikers from about everyone who has ever made a striker. About the best striker I have run on an aluminum call is a corian-tipped aluminum shaft striker made by a gentleman on another forum. It grips the aluminum surface better than any I have tried.