only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

team name

Started by The Painter, February 02, 2013, 07:51:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Painter

Bush-Wackers
Throwing it out there.
I live in Md  just outside DC. I hunt a farm in Louisa County Va where I've taken some great bucks and some Monster Tom's. I like to take one of 2 trips during the turkey season. If I can get it worked out I'll be hunting SD Pine Ridge Reservation and SC.  This year.
I own a Antique restoration shop  where my 2nd son and I stay busy.

Look forward to the season.  I'm planning a April 1st weekend hunt in SC. Hopefully put one or more of them big swamp birds in the bag.
Good luck guys.

From one of my deer stands in the way back I see 50-60 birds all the time but when the season starts there like deer. Got to find them. LOL

Last year I laid my Electra Glide down and snapped 2 ribs in my back and laid up 2 weeks till Turkey season started. Opening Day I was out walking the hills in Va , a lot of pain but I got'er done with a sneak hunt on some birds that were just not interested in what I wanted to give them.

This is the only Bird painting I've done and looking for some great picks to do some more.

Dave
I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
::: Andrew Wyeth :::
ColonialRestorationStudio.com

calebb

I'm good with Bush-wackers. Not really picky about names though so I could probably be talked into whatever if somebody prefers something else.

Arkansas is my home state so I'll be hunting that for sure. But I'm in school in Tennessee and just joined a lease up there with a couple thousand acres so surely I can find a dumb one or three around there. I'll be a weekend warrior until school ends May 16th then headed west to hunt a few states before everything shuts down. We killed 9 birds last year on the same trip between my dad and I so we are hoping for at least a repeat performance if not better this year. Should be a good season, didn't get to do as much deer/duck hunting this year as I would have liked due to school obligations. So I'll definitely be fighting "the itch" by the time spring finally rolls around here. Should have at least 11 tags to fill when its all said and done.

A few of last year's birds

The Painter

Calebb, nicebirds their. Glad your on board! My 1st bird had them white spurs with black tips. Good luck. I my be hunring in Tenn. With a friend about 60 miles NE of Knoxville. Seen a mess of birds there last summer on the farm.
I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.

calebb

In school in memphis and hunting about an hour east of there. Lots of birds in the area and the season opens about 3 weeks earlier than my home state of Arkansas so that was the real appeal. Ready for some warm weather to get a little scouting done.

tomtamer25

Thats fine by me. Do we have a list of team members so we can PM them to let them know whose team they are on?

The Painter

Team A

1 gobblerfreak
2 tomtamer25
3 The Painter
4 SouthernThunder
5 calebb
6 jepcho
7 Dallen92

SouthernThunder

Hey yall, Bush Whackers is a great drink so it might as well be a great team name too! I'll be hunting in Central Florida, North Florida, Central Alabama, and Georgia this year. If everything turns out right it should be a great year...looking forward to being on this team! Roll Tide!

If you want to walk the heavenly streets of gold, you gotta know the password, "Roll, tide, roll!"
                                                        -Bear Bryant

The Painter

Looks like I'm going to be learning some new things this year from some young guys.

I'm 59 been hunting birds for 10 years and knocked down a few each year but I still consider myself a novas at hunting Tom.  So I hope I can rely on some good instructions when I get to this one bird who has eluded me the past 2 years.

Dallen92

Just checking in with ya and bush whackers sounds fine to me. Been doing quite a bit of patterning lately so I cant wait to get things started here in NC and GA.

gobblerfreak

My name is Steve . I will be hunting MD,KS and VA. Good luck to everyone this season.

jakebird

Hey y'all! Jakebird checking in. I just recruited two of my hunting buddies to the site and got them on to team a with us
shakey Jake and slyoldtom. We live and hunt in central Pa. I pretty much introduced these fellas to turkey hunting a few yrs ago and they've become turkey slayers in their own right. Looking forward to another awesome spring !
That ol' tom's already dead. He just don't know it yet .... The hard part is convincing him.

Are you REALLY working that gobbler, or is HE working YOU?

slyoldtom

I can't wait to get after them this year! A couple of my other buddies challenged me saying I'm not allowed to use a shotgun. I have to use my bow this year ! anyone else use a bow on team ?

willy8457

Willy8457 reporting in,  Don't worry Painter you are not the only Old guy I'm 55, been hunting turkey's all my life here in Pa, I hunt in the fall with My dog Cutter, HE's pretty good at finding the birds for me. He can cover alot more ground than i can.  Will be hunting CT first the last weekend in April than New york then Pa Who is up first ?

willy8457

Bush wackers is fine with me , I thought of a few to , Team Cutt N Run, Team Swing N Beards, Team Beard Busters,  Team Waddle Whackers,  Just to name a few, What everybody else is good with

jakebird

Quote from: willy8457 on February 18, 2013, 06:16:59 AM
Willy8457 reporting in,  Don't worry Painter you are not the only Old guy I'm 55, been hunting turkey's all my life here in Pa, I hunt in the fall with My dog Cutter, HE's pretty good at finding the birds for me. He can cover alot more ground than i can.  Will be hunting CT first the last weekend in April than New york then Pa Who is up first ?
Hunting fall birds with a dog sounds amazing. I've seen it on tv and read about it in magazines for years. That's got to be a neat hunt . It's on my list ..... Willy we hunt alot in southern 4D northern Huntingdon county just over the mt south of state college . Can't say I've seen a poor hatch for a number of years . Turkey numbers are getting crazy around here .... Just hope this early spring weather doesnt means us up again this yr. Last yr was definitely "off." Buds seeing poults the second week, gobblers just seemed like they were done by midseason.
That ol' tom's already dead. He just don't know it yet .... The hard part is convincing him.

Are you REALLY working that gobbler, or is HE working YOU?