Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Introductions. Get to know your team.

Started by bornagain64, January 30, 2013, 05:37:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

backwater

Hello neverstop.  I live about an hour south of Mascotte. I have driven through that town on many occasions....nice little town. 
    Ray

jarbo03

Welcome new members to the team!O0O0O0O0

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

ksgoosekillr

Name is Matt, live and hunt in Central kansas. Have access to 3-4 thousand acres of the best hunting land a man can dream of. Live for bow hunting. I WILL BE shooting my birds with my MATHEWS! lol. Within one mile of my home i have 3-400 birds that roost in various spots, every morning i walk out my back door to the sound of gobbles. Got my eye on several nice ground draggers this season. Season starts April 1st, and they have 14 days to avoid my arrows then they get a face full of lead

bornagain64

Nice to meet you, glad to have you on the team. Sounds like your gonna have a fun and hopefully eventful season.
Only negative thing I see is that your a Mathews guy, just make sure you let them get to within 15 yards before you shoot, lol.

John

backwater

Good to meet you Ksgoosekillr   Welcome to the team. Sounds like you have a real nice chunk of land to hunt.  Good to have another MATHEWS guy around.   Lol.   

nogoodreezen

My name is Brian Withers. I live in south central Kentucky. I have several good private spots to hunt and live near several thousand acres of public land. I am really hoping to kill one of the "triplets" on a buddy's farm this spring. Last deer season we saw the three biggest birds I have ever laid eyes on several times. Hopefully they are hanging around this spring. Looking forward to getting to know you guys and having a lot of fun this season.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

neverstopchasin

Mathews man here too. i had shot pse and high country then my buddy was gettin rid of his switchback to buy an engagement ring and i got it cheap. i wont ever be able to shoot another bow i dont think. i tried the new mathews and it gonna be hard to get rid of the switchback. good to 55 yards but where i hunt its hard to get 30 yard shots off and i bow hunt through most the season since i in city limits but there is some giants in there and they aint pets once you get back in there wth them. i think they even smarter than other deer far as winding you because they are around humans so much.

jarbo03

Quote from: ksgoosekillr on February 28, 2013, 10:52:24 AM
Name is Matt, live and hunt in Central kansas. Have access to 3-4 thousand acres of the best hunting land a man can dream of. Live for bow hunting. I WILL BE shooting my birds with my MATHEWS! lol. Within one mile of my home i have 3-400 birds that roost in various spots, every morning i walk out my back door to the sound of gobbles. Got my eye on several nice ground draggers this season. Season starts April 1st, and they have 14 days to avoid my arrows then they get a face full of lead
Welcome! Good to see another Kansas waterfowler on the team.

Welcome to all ofher members also.

ksgoosekillr

Quote from: bornagain64 on February 28, 2013, 02:47:20 PM
Nice to meet you, glad to have you on the team. Sounds like your gonna have a fun and hopefully eventful season.
Only negative thing I see is that your a Mathews guy, just make sure you let them get to within 15 yards before you shoot, lol.

John

spoken like a true blowtech fan! get em in close so if the arrow misses one of the many flying parts from your bow is bound to drop the bird lol :popcorn:

bornagain64

Brian nice to meet you and welcome to the team.

Looking forward to a fun and successful year for Strut Stoppers!

backwater

Hey Hoosier Daddy,  I have been wanting to find another bowtech guy so I could ask them a question about his bow.  Are all bowtechs loud?   Just wondering.   My buddies bow, let's call him "Jim ", is SO loud that I think I have even seen a 3D target flinch at the sound.  I do not like to bring it up around him because he kind of gets paranoid.  Lol.   

bornagain64

And here we go.
I guess the BowTech and mathews bashing as begun.
Its like Ford and chevy. Everyone has there preference and opinions.
I will shoot against any mathews shooter with my 2006 Bowtech Allegiance.

Ray and I are actually passing up on a Rhine Hart 3D shoot this weekend to go scouting for turkeys.

jarbo03

If any you guys know about bows, I could use your help. I have a Martin PSA(Precision Sports Archery), it is white and blue with chrome cams. I acquired it after loaning a guy sone money. I know nothing of what I have.

Tomorrow I will be digging holes in the snow and shooting some snow geese.

nogoodreezen

I'll be the odd ball of the group. My Elite Z-28 is the best bow I've ever shot. I have owned several brands but my Z is one sweet shooter.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

neverstopchasin

i havent ever shot a bow tech compound but the striker crossbow which i think the had part in is bad about the limbs cracking. i know of 2 and 1 was shot bout 50 times when it cracked. not spreading rumors but i seen both with my own eyes. the ol mathews has been shot no telling how many times and the only thing wrong with it is it needs a new string. oh well crossbows are for people who arent able to use a regular bow and big cry babies like timberjack 86