turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New gun pattern... tell me your thoughts

Started by totallycluckedup, January 29, 2013, 01:29:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

totallycluckedup

I decided to go out and site in my new gun this past weekend to get ready for spring.  My local store hasn't stocked hevi shots yet so all I had to work with were Winchester Supremes and Remington Nitros.  This picture is using a remington nitro #6 2oz shooting through a 12ga Supernova with an IC .665.  I'm not thoroughly impressed, but the gun seems to be shooting centered at 35 yards so I don't want to change up too much until I can get some hevi's in.  Anyway just wanted to know what some of you "pattern junkies" thought of it

captin_hook

In my opinion, its a fairly good pattern for those remington loads. I've killed a few birds using those REM nitros. There is no doubt they will kill. Once you start throwing some hevi 13 down range and u see what kind of patterns you're getting with them you'll fall in love with them. Good pattern for those loads though.

albrubacker

I think that is the best pattern I have seen with Rem loads!
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

bigwayne17

looks exceptional to me @ 35 yards with lead.

Thomas6689

WildSpur

Cluck more, yelp less

CASH

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

nate12285

Can't ask for much more than that out of some factory lead.

chatterbox

Best pattern I have ever seen from that shell! :icon_thumright:

Gold Spur

Woo Pig Sooie!!!

longspur

totallycluckedup

Well after reading these responses I feel better about it.  If you look at the target, the pattern seems dense from upper left, through the middle down to the lower right... in a diagonal.  I was leary about the lower left and upper right quadrants being less and not as even.  But from what I'm reading, you all think this is good for this shell.  I never paid much attention to paper patterns before... I usually found it a success if I shot the thing in the head and it fell over dead, but my dad allchokedup, has always set up my previous guns.. actually only one.. the rest of the time I've just used one of his... haha

WyoHunter

If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

archery1

Take a kid hunting