OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Aluminum pot call

Started by rcpigg65, January 27, 2013, 06:42:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcpigg65

Whats your favorite ? Been using an old knight and hale hammer series  , mostly as a locator on windy days .

scoot12

Darrin Dawkins anodized aluminum is awesome,  if you want plain get one a wenge from Bill Lyman.  He won first place last year at Nashville with it.  I have both and their great.  I forgot Jimmy Schaffer builds a nice one also.  Scoot

West Augusta

Plain = Quaker Boy Aluminator
Anodized = Greg Cooley JLC Calls
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

Oldschoolboxcalls

Ray Tom calls from Florida makes a nice one. :blob10:

Andy S.

Andy S.

If I had saved all the money I spent on hunting, I'd spend it on hunting.

Onpoint

TauntoHawk

I really like the hooks anodized I got last year, a couple of times it was the only thing that would get a gobble.. nothing fancy in a cedar pot but has a good sound to it - all turkey

lights out builds a good one, alot like the Darrin Dawkins as well
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

BigEz

I had an old Quaker boy magic touch aluminum that I loved till it got broken, now I love my David Halloran aluminum  with Purple Heart or diamond wood strikers.

dreis3

If ya can find one the LE that Lamar Williams did a few years back, those things are simply AWESOME...
D. Reis Custom Calls
www.dreiscustomcalls.com

longhorn

I really like my new Hanks Game Calls aluminum. The have won several competitions recently and are great to work with. Also Halloran and Hooks aluminum are great and I've heard good things about Darrin Dawkins.

letinmfly

Darrin Dawkins
Bill Lyman
Al Shoemaker
David Halloran
Tim Sanford
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

Jbird22

Love my Lightsout anodized with Mahogany pot and Dymondwood striker!

turkaholic

I would not want to be in the woods without one. I own many, but my favorite still is the super aluminator from Madd. Not custom but very reliable with high frequency. It reaches out and touches them. Works wet with the right stick. I also like many of the calls mentioned in posts before me. I carry 4 pot calls, sometimes I think I'm nuts.
live to hunt hunt to live

drenalinld

I have a differing opinion on high pitches. Science proves lower pitches travel farther. There may be an argument for higher pitches cutting wind. Think about it like this, when you are any distance from a hen you only hear the yawk yawk lower note back end of the yelp.

longhorn

Does anyone know how to get in touch with Darrin Dawkins?