turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

870 Turkey/predator

Started by dirtywhite, January 25, 2013, 08:21:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dirtywhite

Ordered a turkey predator today and I am wondering if anyone has one and if so how the Truglo held up ? Also I'm wanting to continue shooting 3.5 hevi7s or maybe hevi 3-2-6s or the 3" 7s would the choke that comes with it do well or should I go ahead and order a jelly head 660 anyone have experience with this gun I guess is a better way to sum it up lol  :thanks:
"Forgiveness is between god and them it's my job to arrange the meeting"

WildSpur

Ttt.

A gun I would like to have some day.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Cluck more, yelp less

SheGotHoOks

I've got an 870 express with the same scope that comes on your set up. It's held up great. 10 for 10 on longbeards with it. Never lost it's zero. I shoot a 665 jellyhead and Winchester 3" hv #5's. Before buying a choke I think it'd be worth patterning the federal hw 6's and 7's and see what ya get. If that dont work you have alot of options for chokes. IC, Sumtoy, jellyhead, and puregold are all good chokes for the 870.

nyhunter

I would definitely give the choke that come with it a try. I patterned mine with that choke and it was fair. It would have killed turkeys 40yds. The jellyhead .660 did way better tho.

harleytom

I've got one of those, great rig. I liked the Truglo but replaced it with a Mueller. IC choke gave mine the best patterns with the loads you mentioned. Hope this helps

TN Beard Buster

I just bought one myself about 3 weeks ago! I personally do not like red dots,so when i traded I asked the dealer to trade me the scope for a set of Nikon rings. After that I found a great deal on a Nikon turkey pro BTR scope.  I put Kicks .655 in it and when I went and patterned it. I shoot Winchester Supreme HV 5's. at 30yds I was able to put about 85% of my pattern in a 12" circle. I shot 3.5's also with the same outcome. I only shoot copper plated lead because I can't stand to pay the price for Heavyweight loads. All in all, about the gun, I think this is gonna be the best turky gun I've ever owned. It's lightweight, very manuverable, and surprisingly easy to handle,recoil wise,with the 3.5's, due to the awesome recoil pad. I think you will be very happy with this gun,I know I am with mine. Enjoy it and I hope you fill your limit this season!

ohiostrutter

i have a 870 sm turkey and tha gavtory choke actually shot better than a jellyhead 665 with hevi 7s it will be the jellyhead will be showing up in the classifieds soon