Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Friday Devotional 1/25/2013 "Where Have You Been?"

Started by BOFF, January 25, 2013, 08:07:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOFF

From an ongoing study Will You Worship one of the main verses to start the book is:

Deuteronomy 10:12(NIV)

Fear the Lord

12 And now, Israel, what does the Lord your God ask of you but to fear the Lord your God, to walk in obedience to him, to love him, to serve the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul.

In reading the above verse, there are many things to answer, and many things commanded. I will not go over each, as I am asking you to read the verse again, and acknowledge, before the Lord, where your heart stands at the current time.

I found out, not only the day I read the verse, but throughout this week, I had strayed from where I needed to be in serving my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Heavenly Father,

We thank  You for Your Word, and Holy Spirit, which may guide our hearts, IF, we let them. Forgive me of straying off, and forgetting the longing to serve You, and clinging by Your side. Thank You for Your open arms in welcoming us back to Your household. As David prayed, may You make known to us, the things we need to correct, which may be hidden, and may we put these things aside, to become closer to You in all we do.

Let our days be filled with opportunities to preach Your words, whether through actions, or voice, with Your Holy Spirit delivering the messages to those we come in contact with in our daily lives. Thank You for Your never ending love, grace, and mercy, which is sufficient for all our needs. Be with those who are hurting physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually, and may Your peace and Blessings shower upon those who call Your name.

For it is in Jesus name we ask and claim these things, Amen!!!

God Bless,
David B.

snoodlum

MisterEd55

Thanks for posting this.  It is simple, yet deep and rich.  It calls all of us back to where He wants us to be.  Great passage and great message, Dave!
"You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might."  Deuteronomy 6:5

Roostem33

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)