OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

11-87 20 gauge drill and tap

Started by Uvagobbler, January 19, 2013, 02:32:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uvagobbler

I'm sure that this topic has been covered and answered numerous times, please bear with me. I have a 11-87 20 gauge that I want to have drilled and tapped for some type of optics. I have seen some pics with scopes and Burris fastfires. I know that some models and brands of shotguns are too thin. I don't know if mine is or not. First: Can my gun be drilled and tapped by a good gunsmith? Second: If so, what gunsmiths do you guys recommend? I would appreciate any experiences and advice.

Thanks, Mike

BurrisOptics

I wouldn't want to say whether or not yours can or should be drilled and tapped but I can say there are plenty of people that have done that with an 1187.  Can't help you with who to take it to however. 

Uvagobbler

I was leaning toward a Burris ffiii after seeing one in person. However I don't want to ruin a great shooter. I would think since it weighs very little compared to a scope, it would be less stress on the gun. As you said, I have seen other people's Remington 20 gauge gun's with optics. I may just stick to the truglo clamp on sights. The ffiii would definitely be my first choice.

Thanks, Mike

mossyoakpro

My 11-87 has been drilled and tapped for a Fastfire mount....336 to be exact.  It is the best thing I have ever done as far as turkey accessories.  Weighs very little and works like a charm.

Any good gunsmith should be able to do it with no trouble...I just sent my other 20 to William @ Sumtoy Customs to have it done.
Phillippians 4:13

Uvagobbler

Thanks for your help  mossyoakpro. I might check that out.