turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Why is it?

Started by tha bugman, January 13, 2013, 08:15:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tha bugman

That you can't get get 3" 2 oz lead loads anymore...I remember Winchester used to have them all the time now all they load is 1 3/4 oz....I actually found a box and they want $22 for it.  I found some Federals in PA last spring and got a box for $10

Sand Man

Quote from: tha bugman on January 13, 2013, 08:15:24 PM
That you can't get get 3" 2 oz lead loads anymore...I remember Winchester used to have them all the time now all they load is 1 3/4 oz....I actually found a box and they want $22 for it.  I found some Federals in PA last spring and got a box for $10

No idea, but I've got a bunch of the lead Winchester's in the black box I've been thinking about selling.  If your interested, I'll dig them out of my ammo closet and see what all I have.

Let the little twenty EAT!!!!

tha bugman

Very interested find out what you have and let's know

gobbler74

You buying from a store? That's a vendor issue and what they are stocking. Win still makes the 3" 2oz. Most vendors don't know the difference ordering stock based on price. I've gone around in circles on local vendors over that same issue. If all else fails just order em. The heavier loads may cost a little more but worth it.

http://www.basspro.com/Winchester-Supreme-Turkey-Loads-Shotshells/product/22039/?cm_ven=bazaarvoice&cm_cat=RLP&cm_pla=22039&cm_ite=productname_link
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

tha bugman

Sand Man

I have 1 full box and a partial box of 2oz 4's in 3" 12ga.  The 2oz 6's are 3.5".  The 3" 6's are 1 3/4oz.

I'll make you a deal on them if you want them.  Only problem is I had to ship them UPS ORD which is a little PIA since I have to go to the UPS hub to get them shipped.

Let the little twenty EAT!!!!

tha bugman

How much you want for them shipping and all?

davisd9

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Thomas6689

if your gonna shoot lead Kent Cartrige makes the 3'' 2oz, and there only about 10 dollars a box.  for the money there good shells.  i have killed turkeys 40 yards with them

tha bugman

I am going to try those for sure!  Thanks! :OGturkeyhead:

3" 870 Shell Shucker

Bass Pro stocks the Winchester 3" 2 0unce Lead shells, but they're $16-$17 per box of 10.

Wal-Mart is asking $12-$13 per box of 10 for the 1.75 Ounce HV shells.

If 2 Ounces is what you want, you have to pay a premium for them.  I'm not going to pay $16-$17 for Lead, when HTL is $40.