OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Open or Tube Type "Dot" Sights

Started by allaboutshooting, January 12, 2013, 09:54:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

allaboutshooting

Just interested to know which you prefer.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

paladin

open sight(fastfire)
I have shot a tube red dot but never a scope on a turkey gun.
"have gun-will travel"

Skeeterbait

Open with both eyes open.  Gives you total field of view.  Why restrict your view down range like looking thru a toilet paper roll?

chatterbox

Open style, relfex for me. I use a FFIII, and couldn't be happier. I agree with Skeeter. The tube style red dots are too restrictive. I love the openness of the reflex dots. They allow you to see everything in front of you.

Gamblinman

Just plain old open rifle sights for me.

Gman
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

outdoors

:OGani:  Some type of open sight so U can get on your Target real Quick      Mueller Optical 33mm Quick Shot 1MOA  3.25in
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

wvnut3

I used open rifle sights until i could no longer focus on the sights without glasses. I now have a ff2 and ff3. I absolutly love them. Lee

beagler

I have an Aimpoint 9000SC red dot scope on both my Benelli SBE 2 and Mossberg 835 and love them. Great for hunting predators at night as well.
Never Misses

TauntoHawk

I really like my fast fire but I do get the star burst dot and at times it can be bad. Thinking of trying a trijicon but they $$ is hard to part with
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>