OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mssberg 835 20'' barrell what load choke combo do i need?

Started by Thomas6689, January 08, 2013, 02:01:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thomas6689

Last year i bought a new mossberg 835 with a 20'' barrell and i cant get the patterns that i would like to see.  Does anyone have this gun, and what choke and load combos do you use. if you have pattern pictures i would like to see them too.

thanks,

chatterbox

I agree with Clark on the deep clean of the barrel. It will really help.
I shoot a 20" Mossberg 835, and I shoot the 3.5-2-6 Winchester XRHD's, with a .675 SumToy choke, and I got a best of 156 in the 10" circle. I know the numbers are not huge, but the pattern is very even.
I think you should give William Lambert at SumToy Chokes and see what he can do for you. He is a great guy, who makes a superb American Made product!

SumToy

That gun will like the Fed FCW shells along with the HV-13.  Put a 675 in it and let it scream.  I have never had alot of luck with the Winchester shells in the 775 bore.  I think the wad in the Winchester is to hard to to expand to fill the bore up.  The Winchester shell should work with a none wad stopping choke in that gun.
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

coyotetrpr

The x factor choke that came with my 20 inch 835 shoots the fcw 5s very well. So well in fact that I have decided to use lead this year instead of htl.
Jakes are like scotch. They are not worth a darn until they age.

davisd9

Quote from: coyotetrpr on January 08, 2013, 10:43:59 PM
The x factor choke that came with my 20 inch 835 shoots the fcw 5s very well. So well in fact that I have decided to use lead this year instead of htl.

:icon_thumright:
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

WildSpur

I am rocking the same gun.  Started off with a Pure Gold and made the mistake of trying my buddies JH. 

With the .690 JH and 3.5 Hevi MagBlends I get 200+ at 40 yards.  The best from what I recall was 22X.  Thats as tight as I want.  Gives me a little wiggle room.

Cluck more, yelp less

davisd9

Quote from: WildSpur on January 10, 2013, 12:12:24 AM
I am rocking the same gun.  Started off with a Pure Gold and made the mistake of trying my buddies JH. 

With the .690 JH and 3.5 Hevi MagBlends I get 200+ at 40 yards.  The best from what I recall was 22X.  Thats as tight as I want.  Gives me a little wiggle room.

:agreed:
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer