OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Question About Cutting Angles.

Started by redarrow, January 03, 2013, 11:40:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redarrow

I have never been very good at figuring angles when cutting wood. I would like to make a flag display for the flag that the Veterans gave my Mom when my Father passed away.I will be making a triangle type frame. What degree are the 3 corners cut at. This is what I have in mind.( see photo link below) Also If you know how, I would like to research Dads military history to see if there are any medals I may be able to obtain.

Display Case photo.

http://www.orientaltrading.com/ui/browse/processRequest.do?requestURI=processProductsCatalog&categoryId=377320&sku=90/20&BP=10879&ms=search&source=google&cm_mmc=google-_-PLA2-_-90/20-_-productads-sku^90%2F20-adtype^pla-adid^16145138768&ci_sku=90/20&ci_src=17588969&ci_kw=&kwid=productads-sku^90%2F20-adtype^pla-adid^16145138768

lightsoutcalls

Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

fallhnt

If all else fails you can buy one. I got one for my uncles flag. He served in ww2.
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

redarrow

tHANKS GUYS. i THINK THE vETERANS WILL GIVE ME ONE OR AT A REASONABLE RATE. i WOULD REALLY LIKE TO MAKE IT WITH MY OWN HANDS. DADGUM CAP LOCK.Sorry for screaming.

FullChoke

The top angle is 90 degrees and the 2 base angles are 45 degrees each. It is a right triangle using the hypotenuse as the base.

The sum of all of the angles in any triangle always add up to 180 degrees.

BTW, the cut angles would be 45 degrees for the top corner and 22.5 degrees for each of the bottom two corners.

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

redarrow

Quote from: FullChoke on January 03, 2013, 05:46:57 PM
The top angle is 90 degrees and the 2 base angles are 45 degrees each. It is a right triangle using the hypotenuse as the base.

The sum of all of the angles in any triangle always add up to 180 degrees.

BTW, the cut angles would be 45 degrees for the top corner and 22.5 degrees for each of the bottom two corners.

FC
Thats what I was looking for. Thanks.

TalksToTurkeys

redarrow,

Check out the link below to research your Dads military service records.

http://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/index.html