OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

2012 Ended with a Double..

Started by GSLAM95, January 01, 2013, 04:43:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GSLAM95

It was a special News Years eve that I will never forget!  There has been a bachelor group of 8 Toms that have been hanging out in the same spot quite frequent lately.  They have been strutting and chasing each other around lately with even a little bit of gobble activity as well. 
It is that time of year when the pecking order is being established and a strutter decoy can be very effective. 
Had quite the show before putting down the first Tom.  Once he was anchored from one of the 3" cut NAP FOC's the others settled down and come back in giving me the opportunity for the 2nd bird.
I can not say enough about these heads as they are absolutely devastating and I am starting to like shooting them even more than my Gobbler Guillotines..

Apologizing:  does not always mean you are wrong and the other person is right. 
It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.

captin_hook

savduck

Georgia Boy

spurman

That is the way to end  a season  :icon_thumright:
Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Spring_Woods

That's freakin cool! Sounds like a spring hunt!! Where do you live that there is a turkey season in the winter?
"Was that a gobble?":gobble:

surehuntsalot

outstanding hunt
congrats on the double
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

FttFttVroom!

Great looking birds!  Congrats on a great hunt  :you_rock:

fallhnt

Nice work...Congrats on a great bowhunt.
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

barry

Good shootin'!
Who made the trumpet?

flintlock

You won't forget that day anytime soon.   :)
If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!

budtripp

Quote from: Spring_Woods on January 01, 2013, 10:03:38 PM
That's freakin cool! Sounds like a spring hunt!! Where do you live that there is a turkey season in the winter?

Here in Missouri, archery season runs from Sept 15 to Jan 15, and includes deer, turkeys and small game. I'm sure its the same in many other states.

GSLAM95

Quote from: barry on January 02, 2013, 12:38:52 PM
Good shootin'!
Who made the trumpet?
That trumpet is one of my favorites... It's a Desert Ironwood from Frank Cox.

Quote from: budtripp on January 02, 2013, 01:12:54 PM
Quote from: Spring_Woods on January 01, 2013, 10:03:38 PM

Here in Missouri, archery season runs from Sept 15 to Jan 15, and includes deer, turkeys and small game. I'm sure its the same in many other states.
Here in IL the fall archery season runs from Oct-1 thru 1-20 for both deer and turkey...  Excluding the firearms deer seasons..

Apologizing:  does not always mean you are wrong and the other person is right. 
It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.

tomstopper

30_06

Cool deal, wish we could hunt turkey this time of year!

turkey slayer