OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

NWTF Convention ??

Started by chad fenton, December 31, 2012, 08:45:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chad fenton

I am considering going this year with wife and kids for a little vacation (never been).  Mostly to go see all the vendors and maybe a few seminars.  I have never been so what should we expect.  Is it better to stay at the Gaylord or find something off-site.

TRKYHTR

If you can afford it the Gaylord is awesome. You will find thousands of psycho turkey hunters just like yourself. It's a blast.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

spurman

It's great, If your going you need to make reservations as soon as possible.
Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Addicted to Gobblin

Our family went last year for the first time, we stayed at the Gaylord and it was awesome.  My boys loved walking around and playing their turkey calls and no one telling them to hush!  If you can afford it, it is the only way to go. My wife even enjoyed it so much that she has already made our reservations for this year.

agturkey

There is a section for kids to do activities....THe Roost plus all the other good things...I would encourage you to stay at another hotel and park at Oprymills and walk in through the Delta.  I would also encourage you to go to the Opry one night if you have never been.  Take the family to Demos for a wonder dinner.  Get the filet you can get a better meal for ten dollars a plate anywhere in Nashville IMO.  Take the kids to seminars, calling contest, etc.

I also think Sunday is the best day to go as far as crowd goes....stop by Derby City Booth and say hello.

Scott

Kywoodsman

If you can find a way to go I would. It is just awesome to see that many hard core turkey hunters in one place. There's so much to see and do. I went a couple years ago and have been ready to go back since and am planning on going this year.

Fatbeard

Gaylord maybe full we reserve ours a year in advance. Saturday is packed and Sunday is not bad but Friday is a great day to be there! You will have a great time
East TN Beard Buster

captin_hook

I went last year and stayed at the opryland. It was great. The calling competitions were awsome. Register either Thursday or Friday, Saturday is a absolute madhouse! Check out the silent auctions. Some nice stuff there. Beer and food are a little pricey at the opryland, across from the entrance to the resort there is a nice little bar in a plaza, I think its called music city saloon, had a lot of fun there last year. Awsome resturaunt in Nashville called monells, check it out. Go hungry!

FireDoc

Been several times, and well worth it. It's a blast!  :icon_thumright:
Go Dawgs!
Beware the Yelp Marks.
Proud Member of the IAFF

allaboutshooting

Doris and I started attending many years ago and have had booth at the convention since the early 1990s. If you're looking for anything turkey related, you can find it there. There is truly something for everyone and you'll see lots of families.

You'll see what's new for 2013 at the convention. Many vendors & manufactures come from the SHOT Show to the NWTF convention so you'll see new guns and other products almost as soon as dealers.

We enjoy seeing many old friends each year. It's also good to put faces to names of folks that you've met on sites like OG. We meet many that way each year.

There are many good places to stay. It just depends on how much you want to spend but you really need to start looking right now. Rooms fill up pretty quickly all over. There are shuttles from the parking lots that will take you right to the door and pick you up when you're ready to leave.

If you attend, I hope you'll stop by Boot 556 and say hello.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

pappy

Let me just say this, if you get a chance GO......we have been for several years, each time you see and hear nothing but turkey......so much to see and do, so little time, I really think it could go another day or two and still be packed. This is the first year we will be staying at the Gaylord pretty pricy, by the time we pay for parking and other fees for bottled water and such.....we are paying out 250.00 but man I cannot wait. I wil be surrounded by my OG friends and new friends, all acting like turkey hunters should, CCCRRRRRAAAAAAAZZZYYYYYYY.............
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

ElkTurkMan

This wil be my first year up there and I am very excited.